PDA

View Full Version : IKEA for gates, cabinet locks, and other baby supplies

LMO
06-06-2002, 09:51 AM
For those of you lucky enough to live near an IKEA, you may want to check out their babyproofing items.

After much research (and buying one of every gate in the stores!), I decided on the Kidco Safeway gate (about $60) for my stairs. But then I discovered that IKEA sells a few gates -- with the exact same hardware as the Kidco! Their metal one is practically identical to the Safeway. I bought the wood version (much more solidly constructed than any other wood gate I've seen) because it was wider, and it was only $35. I'm very happy with it.

IKEA also sells cabinet locks, corner guards and other items. I've been happy with their 5-pack of machine-washable velcro bibs, 10-pack of white washcloths, and a great pack of little colorful bowls. I also noticed that they sell a baby tub and crib linens! Check them out!

HOBSON725
06-17-2002, 03:16 PM
can i access ikea on the web?

LMO
06-17-2002, 05:51 PM
ikea.com... However, I don't think their site is very helpful, and I wasn't able to find any of the baby gates or other baby proofing items online. These may just be items that they only carry in the stores.

pshontz
09-08-2002, 10:03 AM
Ikea.com only has a few items, but you can order a catalog -- from what I can tell, the catalog has everything that the stores have -- though maybe not the smaller items like the safety supplies -- I'll have to look for those in our local store! Priscilla

suzska
09-08-2002, 04:28 PM
The catalog has more than what's on the website, but I still don't think they have everything listed that's in the stores. I certainly haven't seen any/many baby proofing items in the new catalog.

lesliepear
09-09-2002, 02:17 PM
Ikea definitely does not have either in the catalogue or on the web very much of what they sell for babies.

I think they are missing a marketing opportunity BIG time!