PDA

View Full Version : Aaack! Tot Lock won't open!

Zephyr1
11-22-2002, 11:45 PM
We have several of those wonderful magnetic Tot Locks installed on our kitchen cabinets. They've been great and easy to use, until now! The magnet isn't working on one of the locks, for whatever reason. It's worked for several months until now. Any ideas, before I have to call One Step Ahead (purchased from them), or find an incredibly strong magnet somewhere? Any help would be appreciated!

egoldber
11-23-2002, 09:23 AM
On some of my cabinets, if there is a "gap" between the door and the face of the cabinet, I need to push the door in a bit before the magnet will engage. Give it a try.

HTH,

hellollama
11-23-2002, 11:22 AM
You know that little metal bar that you had to drill a hole in your cabinet for? Sometimes the bar will slip back a bit if the door gets banged around a lot. If the bar isn't close enough to the front of the cabinet, the magnet won't work. We have occasionally had this problem. Try drilling the hole slightly deeper if nothing else works. And as has already been mentioned, sometimes you have to press the door in to get the magnet to work.

Zephyr1
11-24-2002, 05:29 PM
Okay, I'll try pushing the door in slightly. I'll also check the bar. I didn't install the locks myself; had our handyman do it. I'll take a look. Thanks!