PDA

View Full Version : Baseboard heating

cara1
11-23-2002, 07:07 PM
Now that DS has become more mobile, I'm starting to understand this whole babyproofing thing. We have baseboard (steam) heating in our home, and DS loves to stick his fingers in. I'm worried they'll get caught or burned (or both!). Anyone have any ideas to prevent this?

suzska
11-27-2002, 01:29 AM
Unfortunately, nope. I don't have any ideas. We have radiant floor heating on the first floor (and in the semi-finished basement). But we have baseboard (steam) heating upstairs in the bedrooms. Because we live in a Cape Cod house, the architecture of the room means we have our bed and nightstands along the wall with the heating in our room, and Evan's armoire, dresser/changing table, and shelves along the wall in his room. So for us it's all "hidden."

We had baseboard heating throughout the house I grew up in, but back in those days you didn't "baby proof." Sorry I don't have any ideas for you. Other than closing the "vents" (there should be something you can "flip" down to close up the opening), but then you won't be getting as much heat into the room.