PDA

View Full Version : Kidco ConfigureGate

TomsMom
01-04-2003, 09:25 PM
Does anybody have experience with the Kidco ConfigureGate? I need a gate for the top of my stairs but have a bannister on one side and a railing on the other. The railing hardware starts at 28" from the floor so I cannot use the Beechwood Gate as I'd originally planned. (It would be impossible to mounth.) I just wanted to know if anybody has had success with the ConfigureGate.

Thanks,

suzska2003
01-05-2003, 01:41 AM
I don't have the Configure Gate, but I have the PlayDen that is made of the same material and uses the same extensions. I can tell you we're happy with the construction of the PlayDen.

I'm a little confused why you can't use the Beechwood Gate (we also have this one in the doorway to Evan's room). I now Kidco makes adaptor kits for railings, but have never used them. We removed the door to Evan's room and just attached the gate to the doorframe.

--Sue B.
SAHM to Evan Jeffrey 03-11-01

BethG
01-05-2003, 09:58 AM
We use the configure gate in our family room to block off our stereo stuff from Sarah. They work beautfully. Like Sue said, for any of the Kidco gates, they sell a railing/banister adapter kit. You can see it at www.kidcoinc.com.

HTH,

TomsMom
01-05-2003, 03:17 PM
Sue and Beth,

I called Kidco a few days ago and explained the situation and they said even their adapter kit would not work in my situation. They recommended the ConfigureGate.

Edited to add: I know my original explanation is confusing. The "rail" with the hardware is the handrail. Hope this makes more sense.

Thanks!

brubeck
01-06-2003, 11:17 PM
We made a play area out of our (empty) dining room with a Configure Gate and 7 extra extentions. We LOVE this system. It looks classy enough that it's not embarassing to have it where our guests will see it, and it connects well to the wall. The extra pieces are easy to snap in and out, and if necessary we can unhook the whole thing from the wall plate in seconds. My daughter has been leaning on the gate, trying to open it and trying to climb over it for almost a year now and hasn't succeeded yet! She's more than 37 inches tall and it still confines her well (although her feelings about being confined are decidedly negative! :-) )

What else do you want to know?