PDA

View Full Version : Kidco Bannister adapter

dd_ani
01-06-2003, 04:58 AM
DD discovered stairs over the holidays. She decided that following her 2 year old cousin up 2 carpeted steps was great fun and then there was the trying to go down headfirst..... Unfortunately, our steps are many, steep, slippery, and hardwood.

And, at the bottom, there is a wall on one side, but a wooden rail and bannister on the other. So, my question is this: has anyone actually used the kidco bannister adapter and how well does it work?

I have been pondering gates for the bottom of the stairs for months, but hoping that somehow she would never discover that we had steps until she was in kindergarten or something.....

Thanks,

Michelle

tzuchang
01-19-2003, 09:53 AM
If the Kidco Bannister kit is the right height for your banister, then it would work. We ended up making our own (because Kidco kit was too short for our banister), and the concept works very well. BTW, you might need two kits for it to work. Check out the Kidco web site, their installation menu has a very clear description.

nigele
01-26-2003, 01:30 PM
Michelle,

We just installed a Kidco gate at the top of our stairs. We have a bannister on one side and a wall/hand rail on the other. We did use the installation kits for each side and they are great.

Let me know if you want more info...

Lisa