PDA

View Full Version : Baby Gates and Cats

Zansu
02-13-2003, 07:13 PM
Is there a particular brand of gate or manner of installation that would allow a cat to squeeze through or around a gate, but stop DS?

My parents have always used wood gates to corral the dogs, and the cats have been able to squeeze through the diamonds, so I'm hoping this method works for us too. But I'm looking for suggestions in case my two 20lb kitties can't manage to squeeze through.

TIA
Suzanne
W&P for Benajmin 5/1/02

Karenn
02-13-2003, 07:19 PM
My cats both go over the gate with no problem. One of them is fairly big. It did take them a while to think of going over (They're not too bright.) but they managed. :)

Momof3Labs
02-13-2003, 09:52 PM
Think under, too - for years I've used a baby gate placed a few inches off of the ground, and my cat (who refuses to jump over the gate) slides right underneath instead. Granted, the point of the baby gate has been to keep doggies out of the litter box, so you will want to test the safety of this with a baby, but it might work!

cara1
02-14-2003, 02:30 PM
We have the Evenflo Secure Solutions on one door to the kitchen, the other door is open. Our two cats just walk around to the open door; neither has jumped over or fit in between. I wanted to mount it a few extra inches off the ground so they could go under, but DH wanted to mount it strictly per their installation instructions (afraid of DS crawling underneath).