PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone use SAFETY TURTLE for their kids around the pool?

mom2kandj
03-27-2003, 04:54 PM
Help!

I'm getting ready to leave DD(29 mon) and DS(12 mon) at grandma and grandpa's house for a 10 day vacation with DH. The grandparents are great with the kids, but I am worried about their POOL! My kids are QUICK(faster than grandma and grandpa) and they love the water! They do NOT hesitate to jump in! I've already installed a lock at shoulder height in addition to the deadbolt and knob locks. There is also a plastic childproof cover on the doorknob.

As for the SAFETY TURTLE system, how hard is it to use? Am I expecting too much of my parents to keep the bracelets on my kids 24/7 and take them off only when in the bath or in the pool while supervised? Does the system really work(is the alarm loud enough)? Can they get the bracelets off? Should we put the bracelets on their ankles instead? Is testing the bracelets once a day at bath time excessive?

Am I obsessing about the pool safety? My parents keep a good eye on them, but they are quick! Please let me know what you think!

Rose

PS We decided against displacement alarms because of the gusty winds in their area.

candybomiller
04-02-2003, 10:36 PM
I don't have any ideas about pool safety, I just wanna know where you are going on vacation!!!

Candy
Vacation Deprived Mom to Matt, 5/22/02