PDA

View Full Version : Problems with KidCo. Center Gateway on Stairs?

August Mom
04-06-2003, 09:20 PM
Well, I started installing gates today. I put a KidCo. Center Gateway at the bottom of the stairs. According to the instructions, the gate is supposed to go on the last step, not on the floor. Has anyone used the Center Gateway at the bottom of the stairs? Where is it supposed to go? I think that I installed it correctly per the directions, but it is difficult to walk on that step now because the bar of the gate is under your foot. I have the gate situated on the front of the bottom step, out as far as possible. Should it be at the back of the step? I'm concerned that I may have created a more dangerous situation because someone is sure to trip over the gate and fall. Any suggestions?

August Mom
04-08-2003, 10:32 PM
I moved the gate all the way to the back of the first step and it works much better. So, the lesson learned is do not position the gate the way it is depicted in the instructional diagram. With it all the way to the back of the step, I am able to walk up and down the stairs like normal. I also learned that you should position the gate to swing toward the less traveled side of the house. That way, you don't have to walk around the gate after its opened.

mamarazzo
06-15-2004, 04:43 PM
oops, replied to this very old thread by mistake.

MR