PDA

View Full Version : Blind cords

Eilly
05-06-2003, 06:33 PM
Anyone recommend good devices for keeping blind cords out of baby's way (is one brand better than another). Or know where you can buy these online?

Thanks.

JulieL
05-18-2003, 05:08 PM
I too would like some advice. I have those cheap ones where you wind the cord in the inside and snap it shut. The problem is that when you go to use the cord the saftey device pops off, often. I tried Saftey First & Parents (from Target) they are the same thing and don't work well. I found a www.onestepahead.com a set of four that are retractable that look sounder, bad thing is that they cost 20$ for the set. Does anyone esle know of any other kinds???

flagger
05-19-2003, 10:01 PM
Have you thought of using little brass or plastic cleats?

They look like smaller versions of what you see on sailboats, but you basically attach it to the sheetrock/stud next to the window up out of reach and wrap the cord either around it in a cirle or figure 8 style.

http://www.hofshomesafety.com/windowsafety.htm

http://www.hofshomesafety.com/images/cordcleats.jpg

JulieL
05-20-2003, 08:47 AM
I did actually come across these, but on double pane windows it only works well with the right window. The left window you would have to bring it across the left window to the left wall, not eye appealing and a little annoying. For single pane windows I think this would work fine. Did I explain myself well enough??? Thanks for the idea!:)

cara1
05-20-2003, 12:08 PM
I've been bad about this, but partly because we live in an apt that we are finally leaving in July (yay!), but recently found DS playing with the cords from the verticals by the sliding glass door. I just took a twist tie and tied them up high, and that seemed to do the trick...for now.

sarasprings
05-20-2003, 03:16 PM
I just called ordered a free safety kit from here yesterday, so I have no idea what the design is. They have them for horizontal and vertical blinds. The number is 1-800-506-4636.

daisymommy
05-23-2003, 11:50 AM
Just wanted to say we bought a bunch of these at Walmart yesterday for only .99 cents each. They were even nice brass. Find them next to the mini-blinds.