PDA

View Full Version : Toilet Locks??

nigele
05-06-2003, 07:50 PM
A friend gave me a basket of babyproofing items for my shower last year including some toilet locks. They look really compicated. I don't know the brand offhand - they're in the baby's closet and he's sleeping at the moment so I'm not even taking a chance waking him up to look! I noticed at USA Baby today that KidCo makes a toilet lock that looked a lot easier to use. Has anybody tried it?

TIA!

brubeck
05-07-2003, 09:28 AM
I bought toilet locks and they are still in the box brand new. What ended up being cheaper (and easier) was to put a lock on the door to the bathroom and always keep that door closed. We actually used the doorknob covers, and Amy has yet to figure them out. Pretty good when you realize that she's figured out every other door/drawer lock known to man. Including the Tot Lok! We just have to keep the key out of reach.

If you think about it, there are a lot of bad things in the bathroom: bathtub, shower curtain to climb on, bowl brush, other cleaners, toilet paper roll to unwind, etc. And you KNOW that the Daddies out there spray the floor sometimes without wiping it up afterwards! :-)

We just solved the problem by making the room off limits.

egoldber
05-07-2003, 12:11 PM
This is what we do too. It's just easier.

HTH,

nigele
05-11-2003, 11:10 AM
Well, Beth and Helen - thanks for the tips. Why didn't I think of this? Duh, me!