PDA

View Full Version : Hearth Guard

sophiesmom
05-09-2003, 09:40 PM
Does anyone know where to find something to pad the hearth of a brick fireplace? I checked Right Start and OSA and they only have a foam one that covers the corner. I had once a long time ago seen a nice one that is fabric and covers the whole top and corner of the hearth... but don't know where to buy one..
thanks!

peterkin
05-22-2003, 07:44 PM
I would love to find something like this too. I think I could make one (get a piece of foam and upholster it) but not sure how to get it to stay on the hearth without attaching permanently!

Ruth

signazio
05-23-2003, 11:00 AM
I had purchased one of those Prince Lionhart ones that just attach with double sided tape...yikes..DD ripped it off immediately just by grabbing it...but in the process I asked a friend who works with freplaces, brick, etc...he said to use duct tape on the back of the surfaces and then use the double sided tape on top of that....I never tried it..but maybe you could test it out...make sure that your fireplace if it is brick is really clean though..no dust, etc..since that will make it stick less he said...

we went and bought the KidCo fireplace hearth kit instead...which is working perfectly for our rambunctious bambino!Keeps her right out of there!

dogmom
06-07-2003, 07:51 PM
I was just over a neighbor's house who has a 3 y.o. and a 18 m.o. She has a raised stone hearth like me. She threw a lot of padded moving blankets over the hearth that drape over the edges. She say she's never had a problem with the kids getting hurt on it because there is plenty of padding and it blunts the edges. You would obviously have to remove them if having a fire because they aren't flame retardant, but I'm going to try it out as the first line defense and see how it goes.

Jeanne
Mom to Harvey
1/16/03