PDA

View Full Version : Evenflo vs. Kidco gates?

gemini
07-14-2003, 10:16 AM
I spent forever last night in BRU trying to figure out which gates would work best for our house, especially at the top of the stairs. I can't decide b/w the Evenflo Secure Solutions gate or the Kidco Safeway gate. Is there any real difference, other than the price? I like that the Evenflo gate can easily be removed if needed and can be used in other areas with additional hardware. Also, can the Kidco installation kit be used with an Evenflo gate so that it can be secured to a wooden banister?

Thanks!
Kath

mom to Chase (10/2/02)

jenmcadams
07-14-2003, 01:48 PM
I think officially the Evenflo gates are not supposed to be used with the Kidco kits, but I know several people that have used them that way. We actually bought the installation kits and considered using them with our Secure Solutions gates, but ended up drilling into our wood banister. My husband convinced me that given our wood has sort of a rustic, mountain look with lots of knots and variations, we could putty, stain the hole later on and never know they were there.

mom2kandj
08-25-2003, 11:13 PM
We have Evenflo gates and my DH managed to trim the bottom rail by about one inch to get the gate to fit to our banister. If you are not looking at putting holes in your banister, the Kidco hardware attaches via tie wrap. I'd ask if the two can be used together. We have been pleased with the Evenflo gates and were happy with the price, too! I'm attaching a pic of our gate at the bottom of the stairs. HTH!

Rose
mom 2 Katie (31 months)
& Jack (15 months)