PDA

View Full Version : Scroll-type doorknobs

Marisa6826
08-23-2003, 06:09 AM
We have French doors into Sophie's room with scroll-type door knobs.

I picked up those no-pinch foam "C"s, but is that the only solution for these type doorknobs?

-m

etwahl
08-23-2003, 07:17 AM
I would like an answer too. EVERY door in our house has these door handles. I'm hoping someone replies. BUT I suspect not too many people go to baby proofing. Maybe post this in the Lounge?

Tammy,
Mom to Lauren Genevieve
03/12/2003
www.evantammy.com

Marisa6826
08-23-2003, 11:57 AM
I'll give it till this afternoon. I know that Beth comes here often with her oh-so-sage advice ;)

-m

egoldber
08-23-2003, 02:20 PM
LOL!! Sorry, but I don't have any doorknobs like that and I've never really looked into it. But to be honest, Sarah is not really into door knobs at all yet. She never tried to go into a room where the door is closed. She probably will some day, but as of now, I don't even have the handle covers for my regular door knobs.

Maybe wait and see if its even a problem for you?

luvbeinmama
08-24-2003, 12:19 AM
If you are not opposed to putting a screw hole in the top of your door frame, you can get a door-top lock. I have these on all my doors and I have the regular round knobs. I consists of a small post screwed into the frame and a slider that sits on top of the door and catches the post. That's it. It's really simple and it works! I don't know where you can purchase it locally, I got mine at a local store called Total Child Safety. They have a website (www.totalchildsafety.com) but they don't have online ordering up yet (they are fairly new). I believe you can contact them from the site, though, and I think they would be happy to send them to you.

HTH!

veneto
09-26-2003, 03:05 PM
>We have French doors into Sophie's room with scroll-type door
>knobs.
>
>I picked up those no-pinch foam "C"s, but is that the only
>solution for these type doorknobs?
>

I could be off-track here, but are these the type of knobs that are more like a handle that you push downward (toward the floor) to open the door?

If so, one of my friends found a good solution for them. Instead of adding any extra hardware, she flipped them upside-down so that one has to lift up on the handle to open the door. It's not a perfect solution long-term, but it will buy you some time until your child is tall enough to push the handle up, which is a bit more difficult than jumping up and pulling down.

Unfortunately, this only worked for my friend for about eight months. Her son never figured out the pushing up part, but the family dog figured out how to push the handles up with the top of his head.