PDA

View Full Version : Nooooooooooooo....It begins.

kfcboston
09-30-2003, 09:30 AM
I have been in COMPLETE baby proofing denial. I have been avoiding this forum like the plague. Granted, DS is only in the process of figuring out sitting up and crawling, but he's getting there!

But last night, during one of his high-quality tummy time stints (he's really starting to figure things out!), he actually managed to reach up and knock a remote control (batteries included, of course) of the coffee table. I was amazed, overjoyed and appalled.

So it begins...........

houseof3boys
09-30-2003, 09:50 AM
Maybe he was trying to change the channel? Just kidding.

I guess you better start the baby proofing since he is figuring things out, because they say it happens really fast at this stage. We have a glass coffee table right now so I am going to be shopping for a wooden one soon!!! I am also going to have to revamp all of our stuff and do the crawl on the floor thing to see what he will and wont' be able to get into.

Good luck with baby proofing!

LisaMom2Allie
09-30-2003, 11:18 PM
Well DD is not officially crawling yet but boy she can roll and scoot-just a couple of days ago I put her in the floor with some toys and went to change clothes. I came back a couple of minutes later and she had moved about 5 feet and was knawing on my shoe. I was completely grossed out and to make matters worse I had just come in from Sams where I had used my Buggy Bagg(you know to keep her from anything dirty or gross!) DH had a field day with this since I am really a germaphobe so needless to say we have to start this weekend.

Lisa
Mom to Allie Nicole
3-10-03

lizamann
10-05-2003, 03:38 PM
Ugh, I'm right there with you. We're a little behind you, but it looms never the less. This is my first foray into this forum, too. I am seriously considering just hiring a service, but I haven't looked into it at all so I don't have any idea how much it costs. It just seems too overwhelming to me. And to make it worse, DH isn't into it at all. He has all this stereo equipment with cords everywhere. Not to mention the collection of VINTAGE fans and SPACE HEATERS! With CLOTH CORDS! (I have no idea what he's thinking sometimes.) He said to me earlier today that we just need to get a gate and keep her in her room the whole time! Yikes!

caroline9
11-14-2003, 12:22 AM
I can totally relate to the gnawing on the shoe thing! DD is doing total 360 rotation on her tummy, and then scoots on it as well. She can roll anywhere she wants to go now, ahhh! We have cords everyhere, but worse still are all of our dachshund's rawhides and bones which he drags out and leaves for her on the floor to play with, or even drops in her lap. She's continually grabbing for his slimey chew toys! I feel so completely overwhelmed!