PDA

View Full Version : Pressure mount gate for regular as well as wide openings?

boys2enough
10-02-2003, 09:48 PM
Hi, I am new to this board. Wish I knew about this 5 years ago for DS#1. Can't believe it's that time for us again--baby proofing time. For our regular width openings, I am looking at Fisher Price Step Lock Gate and first Years Hands Free Gate. Wonder whether anybody here has any experiences with either? Also anybody knows where I can find the Fisher Pricec Step Lock gate? I learned about it from Epinions.com but couldn't find on-line place to purchase. our BRU doesn't carry either.

Are there any other good pressure mount gates that i should also take a look at?

In addition, I recently bought a Fisher Price Soft and Wide gate for our 46" opening. It doesn't have an "opening" that you can open to walk thru, as a result, my 5 yo has been climbing up and down the gate> I feel it's unfair to make him do that in his own house and am feeling quite guilty about it. Are there pressure mount gate good for wide openings, in addition to the Kidco ones? (They are kind of pircey. Yes, I am trying to have the cake and eat it too. *BLUSH*)

TIA very much!!! Cheers.

Momof3Labs
10-03-2003, 09:47 AM
We have the First Years Hands Free gate (actually, two of them) and we really like it. It truly is hands free. My only concern is that Colin will be able to open it himself eventually - but I honestly don't know when that will happen. It does take a fair amount of pressure to push the foot pedal (and you have to get the angle right). I'm not familiar with the FP step lock gate - is it still available? You can probably check on FP's website.

boys2enough
10-04-2003, 08:07 PM
HI, thank you so much for your response. I also went to Amazon.com to read the reviews on the hands free. The major complaint seems to be about the foot padel breaking apart (b/c it's made of plastic). And it's been mentioned since 2001... I know things are more complicated in a corporate setting, but if I were SOMEBODY in a company, I'd do something about my product if cosumers complained about the same thing for 3 years!

I am holding out for now to wait for a BRU counpon to buy the hands free one. :-) The fisher price one can be found on eBay and one went for $41! (Higher than it's retail price. lol) Thanks again.