View Full Version : foam edging tape-medical people-is it an ortho supply?

12-29-2003, 04:12 PM
We have a nightmarish shelving unit that needs to be proofed. It has a bunch of shelves on it with nice sharp edges that are just calling out to Jack's perfect skin. I know that I have seen foam tape that could be used on these shelves. I cannot find it in the stores. It may be that it was stuff we used in the hospital on orthopedic patients. I can't remember. Anyone know of anything similar that doesn't cost a fortune? By the time we purchase shelf guard for 4 shelves we might as well just ditch the shelves...TIA
Barbara-mom to Jack 3/27/03

12-30-2003, 01:06 PM
They're also used heavily in surgical units for dressing wounds. It's called 3M (company) microfoam tape. Maybe you can do a search engine online? I haven't seen them in stores. I'd check 3M products who makes a variety of rubber tapes.

12-31-2003, 01:23 AM
although i often find it in short supply in the hospital too! i guard mine.

Barbara, pm me if you can't find it.

trying-to-conceive :)
mama to Jack 6/6/03