PDA

View Full Version : Temporary gate?

DCmommy
01-05-2004, 10:50 AM
Does anyone know of a good gate that I can put up in the doorway of my son's room when I need to keep him in one place temporarily? I'd prefer not to permanently affix anything to do the doorway, just something I can put up when I need it, and then put away in his closet. We don't have any stairs, so I've got no experience with gates. Any input would be appreciated. TIA!!!

Megan
Mommy to Patrick, 1/16/03

Momof3Labs
01-05-2004, 12:37 PM
Anything pressure mounted would work - there are tons of pressure mounted gates to choose from!

DCmommy
01-05-2004, 09:53 PM
Anyone have experience with the Kidco Center Gateway or the First Year's Hands Free Gate?

Megan
Mommy to Patrick, 1/16/03

Momof3Labs
01-05-2004, 11:38 PM
We have the FY Hands Free Gate, and it is great, but probably better to install and leave in place - it isn't a quick, easy install (though not that hard). If you want to completely remove the gate every time, you might want to pick something else.

Mom2Miri
01-06-2004, 02:10 AM
We have the First Year's Hands Free gate too. It's the best gate we've tried. (stays mounted, really convenient open/close, very stable) We love it. However I agree with Lori that it's not ideal for installing/removing frequently.

Helen & Mirielle 2/25/03

McQ
01-06-2004, 02:14 PM
We tried out 3 gates recently. I love the FY Hands Free gate. Then DH reads that's not the type to use on stairs. Argh! So he went out and bought the KidCo gate (which one I don't know ~ sorry). And it was removeable but I hated the latch. So then he went out and got the FY one with the knob. Okay but not as nice as the Hands Free.

Allison
~ mommy to Declan 3.24.03

cma
01-09-2004, 03:35 PM
For a doorway, we just used the pressure mounted plastic gate from Safety 1st. I think it was the Squeeze and Go Gate...under $20 at TRU. Easy to put up and easy to take down and put away when you don't need it.

If you have a wide doorway, we also used the Soft and Wide Gates from Evenflo. These fold up well for travel.

Good Luck