PDA

View Full Version : what do you do with pet food

Q
02-12-2004, 01:50 AM
Does anyone have a solution I can use for the cat + dog's water dish and food dish? The dog is big so anything he can fit through the baby will be able to go through too. :D

Momof3Labs
02-12-2004, 12:32 PM
We keep the cat's food and water dishes in the same area as the litter box (some cats mind, but mine does not), which is baby-gated off from Colin.

The dogs only get their food when they are eating. If they didn't finish (has NEVER happened), I would pick up the dish after about 10 minutes, and definitely not let Colin near them while the food is down. Even a good-natured dog can get aggressive around its food dish. For a while, we kept the dogs' water dish in the laundry room and had to let them in there for a drink, but then I found a no-spill water dish that has a small amount of water showing at a time (the opening is too small for Colin's face, so no drowning hazard, but big enough for our Lab and Golden to drink) that works fantastic for us. Unfortunately, I don't know the brand of the dish and can't find one exactly like it online - I'm sure that many people would love this dish!