PDA

View Full Version : DS is on the move!

bburke
09-06-2004, 05:54 PM
Hi! DS is just starting to move around (a lot!) and we need to start baby-proofing. What is really necessary right away? I think we know what we are doing, but don't want to overlook anything. Thanks for any help!

Brenna

BTW: Are the toilet lock things useful/necessary or not so much? DH thinks they are silly, but I don't want to take any chances!

megulis
09-08-2004, 06:19 PM
I think the most necessary is the caps for the electrical outlets and the gates. I have been keeping a close eye on my ds, and I think we will buy things as he gets into them. I find it too stressful to think of all the things that he could get into. I would also look into safetying the house. I haven't done this yet, but look through all the cabinets etc that he could get into and make sure there aren't anything harmful. At least that is a good start.

I also keep doors to the bathroom closed when I am not as watchful. Good luck!

Emmas Mom
09-09-2004, 01:56 PM
One of DD's FAVORITE things was to pull the little white caps off the door stops! I can't tell you how many times I found one in her mouth. I found these were a necessity:
http://www.onestepahead.com/product/27181/331/117.html

If you keep the bathroom doors closed you probably won't need the toilet locks...until your DS is big enough to open the door himself. We have one but haven't used it yet. I probably will put it on once my DD is bigger cause she's just *fascinated* by watching the toilet flush! lol!!

I agree you should cover your outlets & also...get your cabinets locked. :)