PDA

View Full Version : Help me solve my cabinet dilemma!

goosey77
09-20-2004, 03:29 AM
I installed cabinet latches to all but two of my kitchen cabinets. I used the kind where you pull on the door and press down on the plastic piece to unlock. The two remaining are latch-free b/ I have no place to attach to top part of the latch to. For some crazy reason, when my cabinets were installed, on these two cabinets no board was placed in between the drawer abive and the cabinet below. So where you would attach the top piece, there is nothing but the drawer above. I can't attach a board like the other cabinets have due to the logistics of the kitchen (would have to tear things apart) and I can't put the latch in the side b/c it would be way too awkard to open. I can't use those belted latches that attach to the outside of whatever you are trying to secure b/c there is not enough room between the cabinets and what they are next to.

Any ideas on what I could use? I'd be okay with leaving one of the cabinets unlocked b/c it's my platics cabinet, but the other has blenders and food processors so it needs to be locked!