PDA

View Full Version : Safety device for keeping glass entertainment door closed?

petersmom
01-09-2005, 11:20 PM
Please help,
Our entertainment unit has one of those magnetic glass doors at the base,that my 27 & 14 month old children love to keep opening.
Here's the problem inside is the home theater system and DVD/VCR.
I purchased one of the kidco all purpose locking strap's
model S-410 which basically adheres to the two sides. The strap lasted all of 2 minutes in the hands of my sweet 14 month old DD. NOW WHAT???????
Any other solutions out there??
Please Help, I am at my wits end trying to keep them out of there.No's, time out's , and being put to bed are not working:(

momma_boo
01-10-2005, 12:37 PM
How about Kidco Model S331?
http://www.kidcoinc.com/safety.cfm#2

I haven't used it, so I don't know how effective it is. We bought it to use on our entertainment unit, but DD has never attempted to open the door by herself, so we never bothered installing it.

SWMatthes
01-12-2005, 10:44 PM
I have friends who kept their very active DD out of their stereo cabinet with double-thickness clear packing tape...she couldn't distinguish the edges to pull it off, and they taped the doors shut from top to bottom, so she couldn't pry it open. I'm guessing that their remote controls still worked through the glass. I also suspect that they put the DVD/VCR on TOP of the cabinet, out of the reach of DD's fingers (and food), at least temporarily.

Good luck!