PDA

View Full Version : Supermarket cart cover reviews?

MarisaSF
02-07-2005, 09:06 PM
I can't seem to find any reviews on these boards. I would LOVE reviews/suggestions. TIA!

The BB Book recs:
Buggy Bagg www.buggybaggs.com -- $70

BuggyBuddy www.buggybuddy.com -- $20

Clean Shopper www.cleanshopper.com -- ~$30

Baby a al cart www.babyalacart.com -- $47

I'd lean towards the Buggy Bagg for the versatility (cart cover, bag, highchair cover), but it's expensive for what it is, plus I don't know if I need the extra functionality.

Any other suggestions?
Also, at what age did you start using these? As soon as babe can sit unassisted?

DebbieJ
02-07-2005, 10:42 PM
http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=63&topic_id=19219&mesg_id=19219&listing_type=search

Do a search for "shopping cart cover." Check out the All Other to Go gear forum.

~ deb
Mommy to my sweet boy
B born 12/03
http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/10023.jpg http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/10029.gif

MarisaSF
02-07-2005, 10:59 PM
Thanks so much, Deb!
It was in baby proofing in the BB book, so figured the reviews would be here. I see tons in the other forum. 'preciated!

JennSimm
02-09-2005, 07:57 AM
We got ours from sewcuteboutique.com I think from a recomendation from here. She has tons of different fabric or you can send her one if whe doesnt. We bought 2 of them for the boys. They have been usig them for about 4 months or so now. I have also washed them with no problem.

Jenn

fulchersc
02-09-2005, 03:06 PM
I love my "Floppy" shopping cart cover. It is $39.99 at BRU. It fits on high chairs and is its own bag. It covers the entire seat area so it is very sanitary. It also has loops to attach toys to it, and a pocket that is convenient.

TahliasMom
02-10-2005, 04:43 PM
I ordered one from sewcuteboutique.com also and love it! Washes really well and works with big or small shopping carts and most high chairs in restaurants.

brittone2
02-11-2005, 09:52 PM
Another vote for sewcuteboutique.com. We just got ours last week and I love it. We have the eiffel tower print.

It seems very well made and has washed up great the two times I've washed it so far. It is easy to use and attractive looking in my opinion. The owner (cathy I think?) was a pleasure to work with. That's my recommendation! Oh it also comes w/ toy loops and a pillow.

kochh2
02-27-2005, 09:47 AM
thanks Beth!!!! love you girl :)
XOX
Holly -- mama to Aiden

californiamom
03-04-2005, 03:18 PM
And yet another vote for www.sewcuteboutique.com! I, too, did extensive research on this subject and when I came here a while ago with this same question the ladies here recommended Cathy @ www.sewcuteboutique.com.

I ordered 2 shopping cart covers from her -- one for my car and one for DH's car -- and I couldn't be happier! They are machine washable (I have washed them several times and they're still in one piece), very easy to install because of the elastic, and fit over high chairs as well.

Good luck! :-)

laurel
03-09-2005, 11:11 AM
We were given the CartRider brand cart cover as a gift and I have found it very useful. I've seen them here in Canada at Winners, and when we were last in the States, I saw the same product at Target. I think it was around $15. It covers the seat and bar well, has three attached toys, and seems comfortable for my daughter. I particularly like that it attaches securely to the cart and includes its own seat belt, for those carts that don't have them.

MarisaSF
03-24-2005, 01:03 AM
Hi all-- I was the OP and had totally forgotten to post a follow-up. THANK YOU to all who rec'd Cathy at Sew Cute Boutique. I am so happy not to have to touch the carts or have DD put her mouth directly on them!

The e-mail I sent to her (copied below) illustrates how pleased I am with it.
Cathy responded that she does offer gift certificates.

Hi Cathy-
Sorry it's taken me so long to say THANK YOU for the
beautiful cart cover.
I ordered the red "Happy Bee" a month or so ago. I
admittedly don't go shopping much as I just got to use
it this past weekend.

Wow! I couldn't "bee" happier. Even on a rainy day at
crowded Target, I was able to navigate the aisles with
a smile on my face and a happy baby. I'd say the only
downside to having the cart cover is all the stares,
"ooh that's so cute"s, and women saying to their
husbands, "I want one of THOSE!" I didn't want to
acknowledge that I was hearing their private
conversations, but I do have your cards if anyone asks
me directly where I got it.

I firmly believe that you are a genius. No more cart
in one hand, stroller in the other! Oh, and I should
add that the Happy Bee looked especially good on the
red Target cart -- like it was part of the cart!

Do you sell gift certificates? I'd love to be able to
give your cart cover as a gift without assuming I'd
pick a friend's favorite pattern.

mama2zoe
07-18-2005, 02:20 PM
I received "The Bilby" from my mom-in-law that is used as a shopping cart cover and high chair cover. It's very easy to use and costs around $30. You can search "bilby cart cover" to find lots of sites.

Hippoharbor
07-19-2005, 06:02 AM
I have not seen or heard of this but I received my Buggy Bagg almost one month ago and LOVE IT!!! DS is only 5 months old and not sitting up unassisted yet, so I just turn him sideways and let him lounge in the cart, rather than having to put him in his snugride in the cart. This cover has so much padding, has the pillow which is very nice for propping DS, and zips up for easy storage, too. I can hold DS and still be able to open this up in the shopping cart.

I received mine for $52.95 w/ free shipping...money well spent.

MIchelle

indigokat
12-15-2005, 09:29 PM
I just wanted to rave about the Buggy Bagg too. My girlfriend's have all different variations of the shopping cart covers - both namebrands or handmade versions and they are all jealous of the padding, extra fabric (to fit over those large carts at Target and Home Depot) that the Buggy Bagg has.

AND it is the only one with a velcro piece of padding that goes around the metal bar between your babies legs. This is the spot that most of these types of covers do not properly pad or cover at all -- and if you think about it that is the place that would be the germiest (previous users diaper explosion) or the coldest (metal bar).

I also get stopped all the time with people asking where I got the cover. It has so much more padding than they have seen elsewhere. And this is especially important for us because our daughter likes to rock back and forth.

smilla653
12-22-2005, 12:11 AM
Another vote for sewcuteboutique here. A fantastic WAHM. I think it's an incredible value for such a customized, well-made product.

As for the PP's comment about other shopping cart covers not covering the bar between the legs... I'm not sure what you're talking about exactly..... the sewcute one covers *everything*. It completely encloses the interior and exterior of the car/highchair (there are two holes for baby's legs to go through).

helaina
12-22-2005, 01:50 PM
I have the $35 deluxe shopping cart cover from this store: http://store.onlinestores.com/deshcacoonst.html

It fits on all grocery carts except those for Target for some reason. It's too bulky to go on a high chair, so I have the separate Fisher Price high chair cover for that. I like that my cart cover is water resistant, which is helpful when the carts are wet from being out in the rain.

scout123
12-23-2005, 07:21 PM
Can you lay a baby in it? I have a 2 month old and have fallen in love with the flower power fabric.
Angie

wookiemouse
01-03-2006, 05:24 PM
Add me in as another Buggy Bagg fan! I got mine for $50 online and it was worth every penny.

emilys_mom
01-22-2006, 12:07 AM
I was going to buy from Cathy at SewCuteBoutique, but waited too long to order, and she had stopped taking orders until after the New Year. I couldn't wait that long, so I did some web research and bought a Buggy Bag. I love it- couldn't be happier.

I got a good deal (I think through Yahoo shopping) and when I compared what a paid without shipping to the cost of the one Cathy was going to make (I was looking at an upgraded fabric) it was only about $6 more. I'm sure I would have been just as happy with Cathy's as everyone else was- I was just in a time crunch, but it turned out okay because I'm so pleased with what I ended up with.

nicosmom
02-01-2006, 10:05 AM
We received two as shower gifts for DD. One was a Floppy seat and the other was made my Bilby. Both are similar and I was happy with both.