PDA

View Full Version : good sites

abaca722
07-07-2000, 07:55 PM
I like both babycenter.com and babygear.com for their information, ease of use, and the parent reviews. Babycenter has lots of pictures of many items. Prices at both sites seem comparable with other sites overall.

Any other comments on these sites?

darell
07-16-2000, 12:20 AM
I've ordered from BabyGear, and got a great deal on a seat. Problem is, they sent the wront seat. The only way to contact them is through email or "chat." There is no phone number that I've been able to find. Anybody else find one? After two months they've still not responded to a single email I've sent, and the chat takes about an hour while you sit in line, hoping you aren't tossed off before they get to you. They their response time is so slow, you just KNOW they're handling several calls at the same time as yours. They still haven't refunded my money, though the seat was returned to them (and signed for) two weeks ago.

- Darell

darell
07-16-2000, 12:22 AM
And now I see they're listed a number: 877 302-2229. But as I suspected, I was on hold for 40 minutes before I had to go do something else. So I still don't know if they'll answer the phone eventually.

-d

kmakhani
07-21-2000, 05:12 PM
Just wanted to comment on babygear.com aka americasbaby.com aka babyfurniture.com--

I ordered a crib, changing table, and a travel system from them. My mom also ordered a high chair. My mom had no problems--great price and her order was received in the time promised.

I however was not that lucky. I also got excellent prices on everything I ordered, but I did have to CALL customer service repeatedly on my order. I received my travel system on time, everything else was very late. I really feel that I received it because of my persistence.

The conclusion that I came to about babygear.com is that they are extremely disorganized and they do not communicate between the warehouse, order processing, and customer service. (In fact the people in the warehouse must either be high or illiterate!) Consequently, my order was finally resubmitted several times. I alerted them when I received my order, and told them I was afraid that I would be receiving more products. I was told it would be taken care of...wasn't. I ended up receiving 3 cribs, 2 changing tables, and 2 travel systems. I alerted customer service again...was told the supervisor said if they were stupid enough to send it, we should keep it. Which we did simply because, by this time I was due and very tired of messing with them. So we donated the extra items to a local Catholic sponsored home for pregnant women.

Bottom line...their prices are great. BUT you need to order VERY early, and you need to be willing to follow up with their mix ups! Also, when talking to customer service, be sure that you are dealing with someone who gives a rip!! If you hear them typing and adding notes to you file, you have someone decent, otherwise you might as well not even waste your time!! (Take it from someone who knows!!)

maddyzmommy
01-07-2001, 07:18 PM
I've ordered quite a bit from Babycenter and I like them very much. I've never experienced a problem and I thought they were the best deal around until I found Babystyle. Now I order almost everything I need from Babystyle because the site is a pleasure and the prices are wonderful if you take advantage of their coupon codes. My friends and I keep each other up-to-date on new sales and promotions the site has. Babystyle often lists their discount codes at www.deal-finder.com and www.dealofday.com. They carry very nice, often hard to find, brands. (I'm in Oklahoma so it's hard to find a lot of the cool brands I read about.)Babystyle's customer service is excellent, their shipping is speedy, their wares are great, and it's fun to get unique baby items at super low prices. Check it out!