PDA

View Full Version : Does anybody have experience with babycatalog.com?

donna
07-08-2000, 02:59 PM
I am thinking of buying a stroller from babycatalog.com. Just wanted to see if people have had good experiences.

Thanks!
Donna

Djwana
07-11-2000, 11:45 PM
I ordered some auto roller shades and recieved them with no problem, I wanted to start out with something small since I heard bad things about them. The only thing is that the customer service is bad and they never sent me a confirmation email to let me know that my purchase was on the way. Overall, wouldn't order from them again as I've heard nothing but bad things. You should try babycenter or babystyle.
Djwana

donna
07-12-2000, 06:52 AM
Hmmm... I know had heard bad things about babyfurniture and babygear, but not babycatalog. I think I will order 1 thing and see how it goes and I'll post again if it goes well. I usually order from babycenter, but the stroller I want isn't available there!

Thanks for your input!

Djwana
07-12-2000, 10:59 AM
oops, sorry, I was thinking about babygear.com Babycatalog is fine, I was going to order my Colgate mattress from them before I found it locally. Sorry!

Twinmommy
07-31-2000, 08:23 PM
I've used them several times and have been very pleased. We ordered the Graco Duorider stroller, as well as two Peg Perego Prima Pappa high chairs. I found their prices couldn't be beat, and often times they offer free shipping on select items. Plus, they offer fabrics and styles that you can't get in a baby superstore. I never had to return or exchange with them, so I can't speak to that. They have great deals, and you can recoup their annual membership fee quickly if you buy big-ticket items.

ericagorman
09-14-2000, 09:14 AM
I have been to their outlet store in West Haven, CT. I found the sales people to be very knowledgable and plesant (no hard sells). The outlet was cram packed with everything you could imagine. The hardcopy catalog is cram packed with stuff and I would reccommend ordering it!

If you order via the internet and have problems I would be happy to stop in at the outlet and help you out. I don't think you'll need it, but if you do just drop me a line.

[email protected]

smoore
10-19-2000, 08:18 AM
I have ordered the Peg Perego Prima Pappa high chair and the Britax Roundabout car seat from them. I am very pleased with their service and the prices. I've found that their prices are lower than Babies R Us. It also saves me a trip from going to the store when often the items that I'm looking for would not be in stock. I'm actually about to place another order from them for childproofing items. They have a much greater selection than Babies R Us.

nanda
11-12-2000, 11:24 AM
LAST EDITED ON Nov-12-00 AT 09:31AM (Mountain)[p]Great experience buying a Dutalier glider/ottoman. Saved well over $150 off Babies R Us and most other sites and even $40 lower than the next lowest site (goodnightben.com). Free shipping and it arrived in 4 weeks... See the discussion on Dutalier rockers in "Nursery Necessities" for more info...

Mags
12-27-2000, 02:38 PM
I ordered a car seat which came promptly. The only weird thing was that I first got an email telling me it would be backordered for 2 - 3 weeks, but then it showed up 2 days later.

maddyzmommy
01-07-2001, 07:10 PM
Babycatalog rates highly with me. I ordered my Britax Roundabout from them at a signifcant discount and with free shipping. I was impressed with their speed and ease of ordering. I recommend you give them a try.

greyhound mom
02-19-2001, 10:58 PM
I haven't ordered anything from them and probably won't. I had a question about a Dutailier Glider--I saw at Babies R Us. I called to find out if they could get it. The woman I spoke with promised to call me back the next day. I never heard from her. I then emailed them through their site, on a Friday, heard back from them on Tuesday--via email. They said they would let me know (within 48 hours), what Dutailier said--if it was exclusive to "BRUS" or not. That was a week ago and still no word from babycatalog. In my book that is crappy customer service. I don't care if they are cheaper, if they can't or won't answer your questions BEFORE you buy what would they be like if something went wrong after you bought. just my humble opinion.

lmintzer
02-20-2001, 01:43 PM
Sorry you had such a bad experience. I've had a different expeirence with them. I have had a few questions about products and have always gotten quick and helpful e-mail responses (within 24 hours). I ordered a Dutalier glider rocker from them at the end of Jan. when they were having their 10% off sale; it hasn't arrived yet, but when it does, I'll post again and let you know how it went.

Lisa

alexsharp
02-24-2001, 10:58 PM
I just ordered an adapter bar for my peg perego stroller on 2/20, 2/21 they sent me an email saying that it was backordered 2-3 weeks. No big deal (don't need it until May) but I sure hope it comes in that time period. Hopefully it will show up like it did for the previous poster who said her item was backordered and showed up 2 days later. I will keep you posted. I can tell you that I have had great experiences with dmart.com (got there from yahoo!shopping) and babyuniverse. I ordered my stroller from dmart and the stroller came 2 days later - UPS ground. I ordered a Colgate mattress from babyuniverse and it arrived within the week. I hope babycatalog is just as easy as the other purchases I have made.

rissella
03-01-2001, 02:46 AM
I highly recommend them. I have ordered twice, and got everything in good shape and one time. Their prices are really low. They don't have all the nice online stuff we got used to expect from an e-store, but nevertheless offer very good deals. Will order from them again.

farrah3
03-22-2001, 10:04 PM
I order a Dutailer Glider from them on March 4, 2001 and it arrived on my doorstep March 20, 2001--No problems. They even experienced a terrible blizzard at their store during this time period and had to close for several days due to the terrible weather. They were wonderful and the glider is beautiful!!! They saved me hundreds of dollars, definitely worth buying from. However, they said that they would send a confirmation email of my order, and they never did. This didn't effect my shipment in any way, and I still received the item that I ordered in a very timely fashion.

mlentovich
05-08-2001, 10:55 PM
We have been very happy with them. We have bought four Britax roundabout seats, two prima pappa high chairs, as well as some lower priced items. They have the babyclub discount which I think cost $25 to join and saves you 10% for a year (or two if you mention you have twins!) They also have a bigger selection of fabric covers, etc. than I've seen anywhere else. They ship quickly, and offer free shipping on some items. Definitely a great site.

mskillian
08-10-2001, 05:43 AM
Baby Catalog is great and if you live near New Haven, CT their outlet is wonderful - the clearance center is only open on weekends. You shouldn't have any problem with them and if you do, call and ask to speak to Ethan and he will straighten out even the smallest problems. We have gotten 4 gliders, a complete nursery, PrimaPappa High Chair and Britax R/A Advantage seat there and saved significantly on each piece.

Big thumbs up on Baby Catalog!

Connie1222
10-16-2001, 10:29 PM
I just ordered a Peg Perego Primo Viaggio system from them. I e-mailed first to find out availability and they responded within a couple of hours. I wish they had a tracking feature though. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Connie1222
10-18-2001, 03:53 PM
Well, I have to say I LOVE BABY CATALOG! I e-mailed them Wednesday to ask about my order, they e-mailed back within a couple of hours and confirmed my order was shipped and provided me with a tracking #. Not only that, UPS standard shipping was supposed to be free with my order but they shipped it Fed Ex and I received it TODAY! It only took 3 days instead of 2 weeks, I am so happy!

jubywuby
10-22-2001, 10:45 AM
I posted this on the stroller board, but am happy to put it here too...

Baby Catalog was recently having a sale on the Peg Perego Tender Twin for about $315, compared to the $369 (or more) that everyone else charges.

I placed my order online on a Friday night, with the understanding from the web site's information that it would ship in 6 to 14 weeks. It arrived the following TUESDAY.

Not only have I not been able to find this stroller in stock at any store, most of the web sites have also said that it was out of stock and would take 14 weeks minimum to ship (something about Peg Perego being closed vacation for the month of August).

By the way, if it had been in stock at my local Babies R Us store, it would have cost me $369 plus tax, putting it in the $385+ range. I got it from Baby Catalog tax free and with free shipping.

Julie G.G., feeling very pleased with herself in Baltimore

emilyphill
11-11-2001, 10:45 PM
I ordered my McLaren stroller from them and had a great experience. They had the best price I could find and the shipping was free. I would use them again. - Emily

bathead12
01-17-2002, 08:45 PM
I just bought a Colgate Mattress from babycatalog.com on 1/15th and I just got it today on 1/17th (and I didn't pay extra for special shipping.

I couldn't find many online stores that offered the Classica I (or if they did they were sold out). The price at babycatalog.com was pretty good (Classica I - $98 w/shipping & tax).

The only thing I didn't like was that I didn't get an E-mail confirmation and had no way to track the package on-line but they have an 800 #.

egoldber
01-27-2002, 03:44 PM
I ordered my PP Venezia stroller and car seat adapter bar from them. I got free shipping and it came very promptly.

YMMV,

lana521
03-07-2002, 01:54 PM
Hi! I recently bought a peg perego high chair from babycatalog.com. I can tell you that I was amazed with their speedy delivery. I ordered the chair late at night on monday and it came on wedn morning. I also had questions about a product, so I e-mailed the customer service and they've e-mailed me right back the next day. The only unconvinient thing about this site, is that they don't send you a confirmation e-mail, but everything else is really, really nice.
Hope it help!

Bellasmommy
04-10-2002, 09:45 PM
I know this is an old posting but I just had to respond. I have used Babycatalog.com for almost all of my major purchased and have been thrilled. I saved $30 on my prima pappa highchair, $30 on my britax roundabout, $100 on my macclaren vogue stroller and $200 on my dutalier rocker-glider. These are real savings, compared to other websites and in-town store. Plus, no shipping or tax on any of the items and I received them all within one week (except for the custom rocker). I found the customer service to be very friendly and helpful and I have always received email comfirmation of my orders. I can't say enough about this company, except they could use a better print catalog. Their baby club membership is so worth it. Adding extra %10 savings on my $500 dutalier order was great.

mspacman
06-16-2002, 12:30 AM
I'd like to add to the praise for babycatalog.com. I ordered a Britax RA (only place I could find a discounted one in Sandstone) on the 12th, and was shocked to find it at my door 2 days later! Even though I'm also on the East Coast, that was still a wonderful surprise. (Free shipping, too.) I wish their catalog had prices, but at least it now has photos. Keep up the good work, Babycatalog!