PDA

View Full Version : Is Babycenter.com store up and running?

MarchMom01
01-29-2001, 07:36 PM
I've been trying to access store.babycenter.com (babycenter's store) and have had no luck. (This is since yesterday). It says 'refusing connection, may be busy, try again later'. Has anyone had any luck recently? Are they going out of business??

alandenisefields
01-29-2001, 07:53 PM
BabyCenter is owned by eToys, which is having financial problems sad to say! We're not sure what is up now, but we'd guess they are near the end.

Alan & Denise Fields, Authors
BABY BARGAINS

MarchMom01
01-29-2001, 11:16 PM
Thanks for the reply. It's too bad because I really wanted to buy some items there that were on sale. :(

By the way, I *LOVE* your Baby Bargains book. I've found it to be indispensible in preparing the nursery. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! :)

lmintzer
01-30-2001, 01:33 AM
It seems to be working fine now! I was browsing and had no trouble accessing it. Good luck. Hope you get in on their great sales.

teresajill
02-08-2001, 03:24 PM
The final 200 employees of E-toys have been informed that they will be laid off in March (I still don't know if it'll be the beginning or the end of the month).

When you order from them, they say to allow 7-15 days for the product to arrive, but I've already waited 16 days with no product. Because they're shipping stuff via USPS parcel post and taking SOOOO long to ship product, odds are that if you ordered something today it wouldn't arrive until they have completely shut down. That would be bad if you have a problem with the merchandise once it arrives.