PDA

View Full Version : Babyage.com - Evenflo frame carrier

lilliansmama
03-02-2001, 05:17 PM
I ordered the Evenflo Trail Blazer from Babyage.com and received a "Gerry" Trail Blazer without the original box. The frame carrier looks new, but I believe Evenflo acquired Gerry in 1997. Did I just purchase a 4 year old carrier? I'm debating if I should return it... just so much hassle. At the same time I don't want to get some 2nd hand merchandise. Babystyle was out of the carrier when I was shopping around last week, and just got it back in stock(same price as Babyage). What should I do?

angusmom
03-02-2001, 10:18 PM
The Trail Blazer is an excellent carrier and you made a good choice! You didn't necessarily get a 4 yr old item but it may not have been manufactured recently. Yes, Gerry was bought by Evenflo a few years back, but I know for certain that they were still using up stores of Gerry branded boxes and packaging materials until recently on some items.

I recommend that you call Evenflo's toll free number with the information you can obtain from your carrier. There should be a model number, and possibly date of manufacture, on the item somewhere. They can give you better information.

If you have a Trail Blazer w/o the Canopy, then it almost certainly would have been a Gerry branded item. To my knowledge, that model was never put into Evenflo boxes. The model w/ the canopy is Evenflo-branded and is the only current Trail Blazer available from Evenflo from what I have seen.

Evenflo's site is at: http://www.evenflo.com
Their toll free number is: 1-800-233-5921

Enjoy! :-)

lilliansmama
03-02-2001, 11:59 PM
Thanks for the info. I'll give evenflo a call. I got the Trail Blazer with the canopy, but it is Gerry branded. The carrier arrived in a "used" box, not a evenflo/gerry's box. Thats why I'm a bit suspicious about babyage.com. Has anyone else bought things from them?

Thanks!