PDA

View Full Version : For unbelievably horrible customer service - go to babysupercenter.com

elizabeth
04-26-2001, 09:02 AM
I am in the middle of the worst customer service experience of my life, and I just had to share it with all of you! This company, cribs2go has a web site at www.babysupercenter.com where I bought the only wooden playpen that I could find either online or in a brick & mortar store.

The playpen looks wonderful and is made by Simo. I'll let you know if it's as good as it looks IF I ever get it!

I waited for two weeks after receiving my confirmation of purchase and didn't hear about the item being shipped. So, I sent an email to their customer service department. I waited two days and finally got a response that the item is on back order and will be shipped in 15-20 days. After waiting three more weeks, I tried to call customer service. I got a phone mail system that asked me to leave my email address for them to reply. Apparently this company doesn't wish to actually speak to their customers.

After repeated attempts (email, phone mail, even instant messaging) to contact them I became fed up. I found the manufacturer's web site and called them to find out whether they are still making the product or not. Simo was extremely courteous and apologetic and explained the nature of the production problems and gave me a confirmed shipping date.

I'll let you know if they follow through or not.

P.S. I still haven't heard from Cribs 2 Go about when I can expect my order. They are the most noncommunicative company that I have ever dealt with.

P.P.S. Did I mention that my credit card was charged for the purchase nearly two months ago, so I am accruing interest for an item that I don't own?

angusmom
05-06-2001, 08:41 PM
Hello!

If your credit card was charged, have you disputed the charge with your card issuer? This is definitely an option you should pursue! All of the instructions should be on the back of your monthly statement. Simply file the complaint that you were charged for merchandise you never received and while they investigate the charge you do not have to pay the charge or the interest related to the charge.

What'll happen is that a chargeback is kicked off and the merchant has the money they charged you taken out of their merchant account plus a fee they have to pay to their card processor for the inconvenience they caused you and the card processor.

This should spur the merchant into some action to deal with your order. If they charged your card two months ago and have provided no status information, they are also in violation of the FTC's mail and telephone order rule which states a merchant has 30 days to fulfill an order once they have charged your card, unless a delivery time of more than 30 days was stated to you upfront before you placed the order. If they can't deliver the item within 30 days, they have to notify you and give you the option to get a refund or continue to wait.

I hope this helps! The frustration you have experienced with that company sounds awful!

Kpeters
07-24-2001, 03:56 PM
I too had the same problem and just vented on another board. At this point, since I am so sick of dealing with this, I just want to cancel my order but no one will even confirm that the order has been cancelled. I have to order another crib if I am going to get it before my due date but I have this fear that I might end up receiving a crib from Cribs2go later on even though I tried to cancel the order.
What can I do to confirm that it has been cancelled if they won't call me back or answer any of the 5 emails I have sent to them?
Katherine

angusmom
07-24-2001, 08:54 PM
Maybe you could send them a certified letter through the post office stating that you want the order cancelled. That way you would have record that the letter was signed for and accepted if you needed proof later. Or send it by UPS Ground with signature required.

If you have a friend or family member who is a lawyer, maybe having a lawyer send them a letter would get a response. Or just send them a regular old letter and send copies of it to the attorney general of that state and the better business bureau in the area and make sure they know it.

And DEFINITELY if they have charged your credit card, dispute the charge with your credit card company. The instructions are usually on the back of your monthly statement.

These are just some ideas. Hope they help! It is terrible to have such a problem on top of everything else when having a baby!