PDA

View Full Version : LOVE babystyle.com / estyle.com DISLIKE liz lange

sntm
05-31-2002, 02:57 PM
Okay, I admit it, in a burst of eagerness spawned by visiting the neighbors newborn and toddler, plus an email coupon, I bought maternity clothes. I rationalized this to myself and my husband (who is convinced I am nuts) that now I can take advantage of spring sales as I will hopefully be about 5-6 months pregnant at the start of spring.

Anyway, I placed an order with babystyle on Wednesday, and then was browsing again today (obsessive/compulsive) and noticed one of the t-shirts was discounted again from $34.99 to $15.99. I promptly sent their customer service an email and within 2 hours they responded and are crediting my card for the difference. Everything was originally totaled to $186 + s/h and I am getting it for about $100!

On the negative side, Liz Lange had a cute little sleeveless linen top with an empire waist belt and wooden buckle, very fitted, on sale. The top was going for $35 or $39, but shipping was $15 and they allowed NO RETURNS, not even for store credit. Something like that would have to fit exactly. No wonder you see so much NWT Liz Lange stuff on ebay.

shannon
not-even-pregnant-yet-overachiever

SDMom
06-07-2002, 10:44 AM
I've ordered several items from babystyle. I found their return process to be very slow and unfriendly. Before sending the items back, I had to contact them for approval. This makes sense for some of their products (breast pumps, etc.), but not for clothing. Once I had their okay, I sent my return. It took a very long time to get a response. Instead of crediting my VISA card, they gave me in-store credit. This store does have some nice brands and the sale/clearance pages are good, but I'll be hesitant to order from them again. It just wasn't worth the hassle.

ferretfan8
10-22-2002, 04:11 PM
Just out of curiosity... I know that Babygear went bankrupt but could they now be BabyStyle? I was reading all the comments left by people who had bad experiences with them and out of curiosity I tried their website (http://www.babygear.com) only to be redirected to http://www.babystyle.com.

Does anyone know?

angusmom
10-22-2002, 04:36 PM
I'm pretty sure babystyle bought the babygear web site name after babygear went out of business - a smart move to get more traffic to their site. I can tell you absolutely for sure that babygear and babystyle were (and are) totally separate companies in almost every way. Babygear had some very shady business practices going on; babystyle has always been a professional company trying to build an upscale brand and site. I just got their latest catalog recently - it's pretty slick! They seem to have lots of $$$$ to spend on advertising.