PDA

View Full Version : Warning: Rightstart.com Return Issues Shoppers Beware

joantri37
07-29-2002, 06:31 PM
I received a gift (safety shopping cart seat) for my baby. I had opened the box and decided to return the item to the address listed on the website with the mailing instructions as per the website AND verified with them via email.

Here are the issues:
1. After sending the package insured, Rightstart.com could not tell me where/when the return was
2. Contacted the website 3 times via email and 2 times with their online chat help line and after 2 weeks was told by the online chat that returns take 6-8 weeks to process. This information is NOT listed on their website.
3. After continual follow up, no one could locate my package.
4. After 8 weeks, the package showed up on my door step with a form letter and a box checked saying that the box was opened, so they were unable to accept the return. This letter also said that I should contact the manufacturer and deal with them for return for another item. Of course, no one at Rightstart.com could tell me this information.

If you shop online at Rightstart.com, just be careful to order what you want and not count on exchange or returns as they do not have any system to track this and you may end up with something you do not like after 8 weeks and a lot of effort on your part.