PDA

View Full Version : LLBean, Land's End

cara1
10-03-2002, 02:27 PM
Does anyone know if LLBean and Land's End ever have coupons? I've been eyeing a snowsuit and some other cute outfits, but I was hoping to catch them on sale or something. I don't think the new winter merchandise will be on their overstocks/sale pages anytime soon.

egoldber
10-03-2002, 02:52 PM
Lands End does have some infant/toddler winter outerwear on their Overstocks page. They only have a few styles, colors and sizes, of course.

HTH,

jra
10-03-2002, 02:56 PM
I can't speak for LLBean, but I know about Lands End--I work there. I'm sorry to tell you that they never have coupons.

Lands End stuff will be showing up in Sears stores in the near future too. We were told that when Sears has the specials where everything in the store is say 10% off, it will exclude the Lands Ends merchandise.

Jennifer

nitaghei
10-03-2002, 03:20 PM
I've never seen LLBean coupons. However, I do have an LLBean Visa - which is my primary credit card. They give you $10 vouchers towards LLBean merchandise depending on how much you charge. I think its calculated at a rate of 3% of LLBean merchandise, and 1/2% of everything else. I put EVERYTHING on my Visa, and I've had a lot of vouchers over the years. Also - you get free shipping and free monogramming if you use the LLBean Visa to order from them.
Other than that, just keep checking the sale pages!
HTH
Nita
expecting our first 01/014/03

suzska
10-05-2002, 11:40 PM
Yep! Same here. Everything goes on my LLBean Visa. LLBean sometimes has promotional codes, but I think they usually pertain to the LLBean Visa anyway.

You can also sign up for eBates and get $2 credited to your account for every LLBean order you place through their site. Every 3 months they (eBates) send you a check as long as you have over $5 in your account, otherwise it rolls over to the next quarter. You can also get money back from places like JCPenney, The Gap, BabyCenter, etc. And this has nothing to do with any promotional codes you may find for these stores--you can still use them. I ordered stuff recently from OneHanesPlace and used a code for free shipping, plus got 3% of my purchase added to my eBates account. To date, I've gotten over $26 ($18 in an actual check so far, $8 in my account).

I don't work for any of these companies, but if you want to sign up for eBates and give me the referral ;-), here's the link:
http://www.ebates.com/[email protected] &refpageid=1 <cut and paste the whole line>
Otherwise you can just go to http://www.ebates.com and sign up on your own.

I'm not trying to sound like an ad, so don't flame me. Just want to pass the word along! If I can't order something through eBates, I try MyPoints (but there you just earn points, that may take a while to accumulate until you can turn them in for something like a GiftCard--although I did get enough for $50 from Barnes and Noble), and as a last resort I use UPromise (although I haven't bothered figuring out how to actually "invest" what's in my account there for Evan's college education yet).

As for Lands' End, you just got to get lucky with the Overstocks pages. Unless you're lucky enough to live near an outlet. I am not. :-(

Caroline99
10-13-2002, 09:26 PM
Hey Jennifer (jra) --

Since you work at LE, maybe you can answer this for me as well. Does LE still do gift registries? And any plans to bring them online? I registered with LE when I got married and I wanted to do the same for some baby gear.

TIA,
Caroline

Caroline99
10-13-2002, 09:29 PM
Unless you're lucky enough to live near an outlet. I am not.

[p]I live near one. Let me preface the following by saying that I am a die-hard LE fan. But the outlets really aren't that great anymore. They have slightly cheaper prices than the catalog/online, but not as good as they used to be. I remember going to the LE outlet when I was in high school and college and finding awesome things for awesome prices. Not true anymore.

ncmommy
01-22-2003, 08:24 PM
If anyone is interested - Lowes Foods Greenpoints can be used to purchase LL Bean Gift Certificates. Not a bad deal if you have Lowes Food Stores in your area!