PDA

View Full Version : babieswarehouse

jakobsmom
10-31-2002, 04:35 PM
babieswarehouse.com site has been down for renovation for several days...does anyone know a phone number for them? I was planning to order some items from them and am anxious to get my order in. Should I be wary that "down for renovation" is a secret code for "we are about to go out of business"?

Caroline99
11-01-2002, 10:44 AM
>get my order in. Should I be wary that "down for
>renovation" is a secret code for "we are about to go out of
>business"?

I would assume that this is true -- especially if they do most of their business online.

Caroline

Tiggeyore
12-04-2002, 12:53 PM
It looks like the site is still down. Should we assume that they are no more of this cyberworld?

E

angusmom
12-04-2002, 02:57 PM
I would say that yes they are probably out of business.

Generally for any established e-tailer whose revenue stream is almost 100% from their web site, you would NEVER shut down the whole site to implement a re-design (i'm sure there are exceptions to this
"rule", but. . .).

If you want to implement a whole new site, there's nothing complicated about having a staged server where you "stage" your new site and test it and get it ready, and then flip over to your new site when it's ready to go, hence no down time or loss of revenue.

So either they are very dumb and hired the cheapest, stupidest I/T staff they could find to implement a new site, or there is something else fishy going on. I tend to go with the "something fishy" theory in this case! Just my opinion though. Maybe someone else has better information. ;)