PDA

View Full Version : Need Advise - Discount Coupons on the Web

Deb 7272
11-01-2002, 11:18 AM
I have found a couple of items that I want to order on Babycenter.com or babycatalog.com. I'm a new client to both and need to buy a Britax Roundabout car seat and some other things that total around $250. Can I only use 1 coupon or are there ways around it since I'm a new customer as well. I'm trying to get the very best price possible, of course. I've seen some other postings that talk about this issue but I am new to this website as well. Any advise would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks

Rachels
11-01-2002, 06:49 PM
Most websites will only let you use one coupon. I try to scrounge around and see what will give me the best deal. If the 10% off coupon saves me six bucks but the free shipping one saves ten, I use the free shipping, and so on. I know you can find sites (can't remember if babycenter is one of them) that have free shipping already on big-ticket items like the Roundabout. For those, the discount coupons are helpful. Check out www.ahugedeal.com, which sometimes lists good coupons codes for online purchases.

-Rachel
Mommy to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

suzska
11-02-2002, 03:39 PM
Check things at BabyCatalog and make sure you can use their membership discount before signing up for it (it costs $25 for one year, but you get 10% off). Some things that they sale at "special" prices don't give you the extra 10% membership discount.

Usually you can only use one promotional code per order at most online places, unless it says the code can be "stacked." You can sometimes stack codes at Amazon/TRU.

It may take a little homework, but sometimes placing two orders or ordering things from different places will get you a better deal. Some places also give you a discount if you place things on a registry and then order from there.

Also check out ordering through places like eBates. They work a little like a Discover Card in that you can get a % back added to your account and then they send you a check every 3 months (if you have over $5 accumulated). Right now you can get 7% back from BabyCenter if you sign up and click through eBates site to get there. (If you sign up, you can say that [email protected] referred you. :-) ) I've already gotten an $18 check from them and have another $22 saved up. I am not affiliated with them, I'm just a happy customer. :-)

gour0
11-05-2002, 09:13 AM
I don't know about coupons, but have you thought about ebay? I saw a new britax roundabout with latch go for $172.50 plus $20 shipping at auction this week. That is a savings of almost $40 from the $229 price I saw on Baby Catolog of America.

angusmom
11-05-2002, 05:30 PM
I also use http://www.savings-center.com/ to look for coupon codes, and a friend of mine is always talking about http://www.fatwallet.com. I have never visited fatwallet.com. I don't know what it is but she always talks about it.

Good luck!