PDA

View Full Version : Major Compliment::www.tinylove.com

mama2be
11-19-2002, 09:03 AM
We bought the Symphony in Motion mobile (the animal one/muppet looking). The mechanism that makes it turn was loud, I don't know if I would have noticed this on my own but folks on the board emtnioned it before so I knew to expect it. Folks also mentioned that when they called the company they did get a replacement.

I assumed maybe the kink was out of it but when we set it up it appeared loud, I called the company Friday and worried becasue I had to leave a messege and feared it would get ignored. Well Monday (3 days later) the part arrives in the mail!!!! there is a difference in the sound of the new part vs the one I bought.

Thanks Tiny Love, Love the Mobile...
Their number is 1-888-Tiny-Love

jojo2324
11-19-2002, 10:15 AM
I had a similar problem and Tiny Love was very speedy in helping to fix it. However, my new part, once attached, wouldn't move. So I called and explained the situation and asked for a new one. She started to sound a little disgruntled, which I can understand. She also asked for the number on the tag, which I had already cut off so I couldn't give it to her. Anyway, she sent me a new one. We had already attached the old one out of desperation so I haven't tried that one yet, maybe today.

Just an FYI: Make sure you dial 888 and not 800 because you will be unpleasantly surprised like I was...Well, it was a little funny too. Just think of what other industry could use the phrase "tiny love" and you'll get the idea :)

bnme
11-19-2002, 01:46 PM
I just set up my Symphony in Motion the other day, and although it didn't seem loud (I am going to double check when I get home though!!)I was wondering if there was any way to just play the music without the mobile turning?? Mostly becuase as it turns, some of the attachments that spiral up and down make a clinking noise. Thats fine if you are using it to entertain baby, but I was thinking if you were just using to help lull baby to sleep that could be annoying.

Did anyone else notice this or am I crazy???

Also, what is the replacement part they send?

Thanks!

mama2be
11-20-2002, 08:33 PM
I absolutely noticed it too...

This mobile is so not my "decor" but seemed real cute and I liked that it played classical music. I love it...but with that noise and the ball noise I have questioned my decision. I have not looked yet to see if those "things" can be removed....

But yes I too noticed the sound...

I need to wait till baby is here to se if it is an actual stimulation thing or a get on my nerve thing...

I do wonder at times why I bought this becaseu i will be purchasing the mozart CDs so I really didn't need such a mobile...

jojo2324
11-20-2002, 10:30 PM
I've wondered the same thing! Sometimes I just want the music because I feel like the animals are keeping him awake. I tried pushing all of the buttons, but I don't think that there's a way.

suzska
11-20-2002, 11:07 PM
I don't know about the Tiny Love one, but we have a Sassy mobile that I really loved. It plays a Mozart tune, a "baby" medley of three songs, or just white noise. The arm that the things hang from can actually be removed--it's designed so that you can use it as a music box after the child is standing up, either attached to the crib or sitting on a dresser-top. The toys that are attached to the "arm" can also be removed and used as rattles. They also have two sides, one with simpler designs for smaller babies, then switch them around to more complex designs for older babies. The motor may have been a little noisy, but that never seemed to bother Evan.

bnme
11-21-2002, 09:08 AM
oooh..I think that will work for the tiny love one, too!. The arm just clicked in so it could be removed and set aside realatively easy if you wanted. I just wish the music would play W/O having to do that. Better then nothing.

I just loved to mobile, too. It is so adorable and the colors match my DSs room (all decorated in primary colors --we have the Truck Stop bedding but I didn't want to be too into a theme, so this mobile was perfect). And seems mor einteesting to look at -for me at least!
:)

BTW, I noticed the motor noise and plan on calling for my replacement part later today!

mama2be
11-21-2002, 10:13 AM
My thought is maybe the "arms" can be disassmbled and the "click clack things" removed...I don't know. I do know that DH installed the new peice in seconds so assumed it disassembles quickly and easily.

juliasdad
12-11-2002, 04:09 PM
I don't think you can easily disassemble the arms to remove the little moving pieces.

But two points:

1) I don't think babies are necessarily disturbed by the noise. Julia drifts off to sleep with hers still click-clacking.

2) Rather than removing the little pieces that slide, you might consider trying to use some felt on them to keep them from clacking. BUT, don't do this unless you're absolutely sure that you can do it "right", in such a way that it's impossible for a piece of felt to fall off, as that would be a major choking hazard.

-dan

mama2be
12-11-2002, 07:48 PM
Dan,

Thank you, glad to hear that the sound doesn't keep Julia awake. Funny how I would wonder about this mild noise when I have three big dogs that bark enough to shake the house...that mobile is the least of "sound worries" when I really think about it :)

Thanks again...

Momof3Labs
12-11-2002, 09:07 PM
Neve, off topic, but wanted to let you know that Colin doesn't flinch a muscle when our dogs bark! I guess that he heard enough of that in-utero!!

But he does startle at other quieter sounds (though I doubt that this mobile would bother him - he sleeps through the clicking of his swing)!

Lori & Colin 9/28/02

egoldber
12-11-2002, 09:24 PM
Ah ladies, I hate to break it to you, but the day will come when they are no longer such sound sleepers and the dog barking WILL wake them up. For Sarah this probably happened when she was around 11-12 months.

I am lately CURSING the holiday season because the FedEx and UPS men come to the door practically every day and our dog, CONVINCED that the sound of the doorbell is announcing the arrival of the apocalypse, barks hysterically to warn me of this impending apocalypse, and since this is INVARIABLY Sarah's nap time, wakes her up from her one REALLY good nap of the day, thus starting a miserable, cranky, sleep evening for all.

I guess I could attempt to train the dog NOT to bark when the doorbell rings, but the habits of a 10 year old dog are not so easy to break.

Rachels
12-12-2002, 09:32 AM
Sigh...Abigail has become a light sleeper, too. :(

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

mama2be
12-12-2002, 10:20 AM
OUr UPS guy actually rings the door bell (and then runs) when he drops stuff off...which I guess is good and bad, we always appoach the house from the side and never go up the stairs in the front so things have sat there for days for us. BUT my gosh the dogs go crazy...lately I think they bark more...are they protecting baby I wonder...

I forgot that in utero they do hear all of this, I swear Tristan kicks when DH talks to him in there...

cara1
12-12-2002, 01:44 PM
Neve,
Is this the 1st time you've told us Tristan's name? I like it...

mama2be
12-12-2002, 02:59 PM
Cara,

Thank you, no I've had his name pretty much picked out from the the beginning. I did several other names too, Gavin and Trevor were probably the ones that fell right behind Tristan. I had posted this before about his name selection but since you must have missed that thread I'll bore folks with the details again...(sorry guys)...

I like the name and had a lame reason for liking it...I think it was because Brad Pitts character in Legends of the Fall (tho I hated to admit that, and couldn't tell DH I was naming him after Brad PItt's character:):):))...

But just found out about a month ago that a series of books that my grandmother loved "All creatures Great And Small" has a character in them named Tristan. that meant the world to me to find out, more than anything in fact because she would be 112 if alive today, and lived with us for a year before she died way back hhen I was in 7th grade. She LOVED these books and I remember her talking about them all of the time. So it seemed meant to be. I am an animal lover and think this was passed on thru her, and the character was a vet (I need to read the series, becasue I don't know much more)...

Thank you for the endorsement!!!

juliasdad
12-20-2002, 06:59 PM
Neve,

I forgot all about this, but wanted to get back to you. I took a look at our mobile, and I was wrong... it does look like you could remove the clackymakers without too much trouble if you wanted to. The three arms detach from the central collar with just a few small screws, so you definitely could go that route.

-dan

mama2be
12-20-2002, 09:26 PM
Dan,

Thanks so much for letting me know...I'll probably hold out till little one is here and see if it bothers him...I suspect it will be me that it bothers :) It sure is a cute mobile though!!!

Thanks again!!!

gour0
12-20-2002, 10:35 PM
Don't be so sure. I received three of these rocker arm things because they kept coming broken through the mail. I thought I would just take apart the arms and switch out the broken disks, but I couldn't get them apart even after I removed the screws.