PDA

View Full Version : Photo Birth Announcements from Celebrationcottage.com

jackiekatz
01-21-2003, 07:48 PM
Has anyone ordered announcements from celebrationcotage.com?
If you did, what was your experience like?
I really like the look of their black and white photo announcement cards and they seem to be reasonably priced.
Are there any other sites or brands that anyone can recommend that also have b/w photo announcements?

Thanks

cathybcomer
01-22-2003, 08:30 PM
My sister used them to announce the birth of her daughter (the Pride and Joy version), and they were adorable and well printed.

jackiekatz
01-23-2003, 02:50 PM
Thanks so much for the feedback.
I called them yesterday and they offered to send a sample - a service that they don't mention on the website.

Rachels
01-23-2003, 10:37 PM
I used naptimecards-- a b/w photo on their ivory card stock. The announcement was GORGEOUS!!! Make sure wherever you order from lets you pre order envelopes. Addressing them after the birth would be really hard.

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

etwahl
01-24-2003, 12:59 AM
Rachel, do you remember what the style of yours was? I'm thinking now is a good time for me to decide and then preorder the envelopes. You might have told me before, but I can't recall.

Tammy,
Mom-to-be Mar 8, 2003!

Rachels
01-24-2003, 11:07 AM
I used this style:
http://www.naptimecards.com/productscatalog/default.asp?category=2&design=1&product=1278

The paper was cream, then I had them assembled with a pink ribbon. I can't even believe how beautiful they were. They look pretty decent on the website, but the real thing is just gorgeous. Here's a link to the photo I used:
http://www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=67b0de21b330c9fde4df

You don't have to select a particular design to preorder envelopes-- you just have to select a category. The envelope is the same for all the Original Designs, for example, and the Theme Designs all have a matching envelope, etc. We liked the originals, so ordered those envelopes, but didn't choose an actual annoucement until after we chose which photo we wanted to use. We used a digital color photo, which they converted to black & white.

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

etwahl
01-24-2003, 10:33 PM
Look at her hair!!! What a sweetheart.

Tammy,
Mom-to-be Mar 8, 2003!

jackiekatz
01-24-2003, 10:53 PM
Thanks for the recommendation!

Abigail looks adorable.