PDA

View Full Version : Make you own Baby Stationery/Announcements

Jen841
02-03-2003, 11:29 AM
This website has great ideas for baby items! Due to the long cold winter here in Chicago I have decided to make my own Thank You's and Announcements, and will adapt the Thank You design to make personalized stationery for once the baby is born (all I will need to do is get a stamp made of the baby's name.) For those of you in the Seattle area I hear the stores are very helpful too. http://www.impressrubberstamps.com/index.html

Here is my cost saving measure I took:
I bought reams of cardstock (250 sheets) at a local office store
1/2 of a sheet of 8.5x11 paper fits perfectly into "invitation" envelopes they sell at Office Max (you can cut the sheets yourself, or take advantage of the papercutters in the copy area of the store)
Rubber stamps you can purchase from Impress, or a local store.
I figure my whole investment for both sets of cards/envelopes will be less than $60 and I can have 500 of each if I want.

Jen841
02-03-2003, 11:36 AM
Here are some great places in the city of Chicago I have checked for supplies/ideas:
Papersource - great paper and stamps. A bit pricey
Marvelous Party (next to Right Start)- Great for stamps! I get my favorite stamps here. They have some great baby stamps, and have posted ideas on the walls for you.
JoAnne Fabrics- has some premade card/envelope sets and a limited supply of stamps (nothing to write home about)
Pearl Art on Chicago (across from Papersource) - Good place for stamp pads and the best prices for stamps. They do have paper, but they never have envelopes and paper to match when I am there. For paper I would go across the street.