PDA

View Full Version : A Running Stroller is Great

cuca_
03-19-2003, 10:36 AM
Following the advice of several board members, I just ordered an Inglesina Zippy from arunningstroller.com. Although I am not getting my stroller until next week, I had to write this post and let everyone know that they have the BEST customer service. I believe I spoke to Marilyn, who is incredibly nice and friendly, and very helpful. I certainly recommend ordering from this site.

myllam
03-20-2003, 03:34 AM
I completely agree with this post. I also spoke with Marilyn (maybe it is a one person shop?) when I purchased my Baby Jogger II last year. Great service, and I couldn't believe it when I received a hand written thank you note for ordering from them! That is courteous service you do not see very often.

cuca_
03-22-2003, 09:29 PM
I just got my zippy stroller today. It took only 3 days!! Can't say enough good things about A Running Stroller.

crg
04-07-2004, 09:24 PM
I am not very happy w/ A Running Stroller. I ordered a BOB stroller from them on advice from this website. The stroller arrived quickly but one of the wheels wouldn't inflate. I guess the tube is defective. My dh called Marilyn and she told dh a new wheel would be on its way. It never arrived. We've called at least three times since. The last time was last Saturday and she told dh she was calling BOB to find out why a new wheel hasn't been sent and she would call back on Monday. Its Wed. and she's never called back. Meantime, now I've had my stroller for at least 6 weeks and can't use it unless and until we take the wheel out and try to find a tube and get it repaired at our expense. I'm really disappointed in the customer service. Marilyn has been very nice to us but I still don't have a wheel for my stroller and I expected not to have to spend additional money to be able to use a brand new stroller.

*** See update below***

Cindy

sbaker
04-08-2004, 11:37 AM
Cindy,
I saw your post and emailed a link to Marilyn about it. Here's her reply:

"Oh my goodness, my fault completely, I should have never depended on the BOB company to take care of this without double checking on weather the new tire was shipped to this customer.. I will take a tire out of a new box today and Fedex it to them overnight today... I feel so bad...What a terrible mistake on my part, I'll never take it for granted again...
Thank you for sending this to me.
Marilyn"

Hopefully, you will have your tire tomorrow.

Just my two cents...
:) :+ :)
Sara
Mom to:
Rayce 02/09/02
Charlye 12/20/03

crg
04-08-2004, 11:53 AM
UPDATE- Wow, I had no idea my message would generate action but it did. Marilyn called me this morning and apologized over and over. She said she took a wheel out of a box from another stroller and FedEx'd it. Just got the FedEx confirmation notice. Hopefully, I'll have my wheel tomorrow.

Marilyn said she's been getting phone calls and email messages all morning about this.

Update to the update: The new wheel arrived. After a little delay from the FedEx guy, who came back and left the wheel, at the insistence of Marilyn, while I was out. Mr FedEx didn't want to leave the package and left me a note. Marilyn found out and talked to him on the phone while he was in my area making deliveries and he came back and left the wheel. It was there when I got home yesterday evening, after being gone all day. Thanks Marilyn.

Cindy

kijip
04-09-2004, 01:36 AM
It just shows that great people make errors sometimes. What sets great places apart like A Running Stroller from other retailers is how she handles the errors- Babystyle or BRU or others would have been matter of fact about it, passed the buck and made excuses. Marilyn took responsibility and found a solution. Marilyn was so nice to me when I called her today I think I will always go to her site first when looking at new strollers!

blnony
04-09-2004, 01:56 PM
I've had nothing but great experiences with Marilyn and her store. I've bought 3 strollers from her and had excellent service, shipping, and products every time. And, she always sends a follow handwritten note and sometimes a follow up call to make sure things arrived fine. Very personal service, which is impressive in today's day and age.

ktdid74
04-09-2004, 04:48 PM
Just another vote for Marilyn! I bought a P3 and a DD Ditto from her. She's so nice and helpful. She'll spend time with you on the phone to make sure everything is just right. I would buy another stroller from her in a heartbeat! Hmmmm, those new zoopers are cute :) ...

papal
04-09-2004, 08:55 PM
Just wanted to give another TWO THUMBS UP for Marilyn. She is very sweet and patient. I have bought my MBUS from her and accessories. I recently bought a Britax RA from her. She price matches, so if you find a good deal on the internet, ask her if she can give you the same price. Her service is fantastic and delivery is super fast (and shipping is always free!!).
Love her!

jk3
04-12-2004, 01:16 AM
Another positive vote! Marilyn was extremely helpful when I purchased my Maclaren Classic. She responds to emails almost immediately and goes out of her way to answer questions. The stroller arrived very quickly and I was surprised to receive the handwritten thank you. I would definitely order from this site again!

Vajrastorm
04-12-2004, 01:26 AM
>Update to the update: The new wheel arrived. After a little
>delay from the FedEx guy, who came back and left the wheel, at
>the insistence of Marilyn, while I was out. Mr FedEx didn't
>want to leave the package and left me a note. Marilyn found
>out and talked to him on the phone while he was in my area
>making deliveries and he came back and left the wheel. It was
>there when I got home yesterday evening, after being gone all
>day. Thanks Marilyn.

Wow!! Thats what I call customer service!

Gayletmomto4
05-01-2004, 10:28 PM
Two more thumbs up for Marilyn! She patiently advised me on a double stroller via e-mail and over the phone during my obsessive "what double stroller should I get" phase. And believe me, it was a long phase! I eventually ordered my MBUD from her and have been very pleased.
She also did something that is almost unheard of these days-when ds was a few weeks old and I couldn't get the blanket tight enough to keep him swaddled, I read on these boards about the Swaddle-Me blanket with velcro. Before ordering from anyone else I called Marilyn. Well, she must have heard the desperation in my voice because she put one in the mail to me that afternoon and didn't charge me until I had received it and told her I wanted to keep it!
I don't think you can go wrong at her shop.

cimberdog
05-19-2004, 09:03 PM
I will also comment on how refreshingly wonderful Marilyn is. She also was very patient with me while I went through which MBUD color to get, and to carrycot or not to carrycot...Finally she advised that I wouldn't use the carrycot enough to justify the expense. She has a fantastic layaway program, sent me receipts with thank you cards - some handwritten after each payment I made, and now my MBUD is finally on its way.

I can't say enough about her. I've referred people to her and I would buy whatever I can or need from her in the future. It's a good thing I don't live near her and go into the actual store or else I'd buy everything!