PDA

View Full Version : Experiences with Amazon/BRU when there’s a problem to be corrected?

kar212
03-24-2003, 11:20 AM
I registered for a Simmons crib, and this Saturday we realized it came with two foot ends – no head end! The two parts look identical except for some all important grooves and mounting holes. We immediately left a message with Simmons. The rep called back this morning and said I should go to where I originally got the crib and ask for the manager. With Babiesrus.com, the only thing close to calling a manager seems to be posting an e-mail to Amazon customer service, which I did a little while ago. Has anyone had a similar experience? Do you know how long it might take to have the problem corrected?

I'm feeling a little overwhelmed and panicky about the whole thing since I'm 38 weeks pregnant, could have this baby any minute and planned to have him sleep in his crib immediately. I've been bugging DH for weeks to take the crib out of the box but he kept stalling. Of course, this happens!

egoldber
03-24-2003, 11:43 AM
There is an Amazon 800 Customer Service number, but I don't think it is ANYWHERE on the Amazon website. Here it is: 1-800-201-7575

I have always had good luck when I have called them directly.

HTH,

August Mom
03-24-2003, 11:43 AM
If your local BRU also carries the crib, I would try to resolve this problem directly with the store. BRU brick and mortar stores are now taking returns of items ordered from the website, so I would try that. Hopefully you could just exchange the crib for one with the correct parts. Good luck.

kar212
03-24-2003, 11:49 AM
Thanks for the two suggestions. A phone number for Amazon -- yeay! I'll try them right now. As for going to a bricks and mortar store, I might be able to do that this weekend when my in-laws are in town -- with a car.

I'll post again if anything changes, but just had to thank you for the quick, helpful responses.

kar212
03-24-2003, 03:43 PM
Thanks again for the pointers. I called Amazon, and they are sending a replacement crib. I wondered if they could just send the missing headboard, as the Simmons rep had suggested, and after a little confusion and after I was transferred to a second person at Amazon, it seemed like they could have done that, but within the couple of minutes that I had talked with the first person at Amazon, the replacement order was already "out" with no way to retract it. This is probably fine. The replacement crib should arrive within 1 1/2 weeks (fingers crossed). We'll just have to pack the parts of the first crib back into the box they came in, to send the whole thing back.

I hope the replacement crib has all its parts in place and that it arrives soon and before the baby! Anyway, thanks for listening to my story. I don't know if there's a lesson here about how things generally work when ordering from BRU or Simmons. I hope this case is just a fluke.