PDA

View Full Version : Experience with Traveling Tikes, All Kids Stuff or Baby Ride

August Mom
03-26-2003, 01:17 AM
Does anyone have any experience ordering strollers (or other items) from any of the following sites?

travelingtikes.com

allkidsstuff.com

babyride.com

All three of these sites price match and I'm trying to avoid strollers4less.com but still get the lowest price. TIA

August Mom
04-06-2003, 01:35 AM
Even though I didn't receive any feedback about any of these sites, I bit the bullet and tried one of them out myself. I did read a pretty positive review on epinions.com. I ordered an InSTEP Safari TT Stroller from AllKidsStuff.com. As I mentioned above, I found the best price on this stroller at Strollers4Less.com but wanted to avoid that site based on the negative reviews posted here. I e-mailed AllKidsStuff.com to verify that the store would price match the price I found at Strollers4Less.com ($119.74 with free shipping)and gave the appropriate link to the price. AllKidsStuff.com was selling the stroller for $166.49. I sent this e-mail in the late evening. I received a response immediately from Lorrie at AllKidsStuff.com. The price match was no problem. In fact, she just had somebody go in and change the price on the site before I placed my order to make it easier. She also answered a couple of questions for me, immediately e-mailing me back. The stroller shipped directly from InSTEP. When it shipped, I received another e-mail from Lorrie telling me that the stroller had shipped and giving me a tracking number. The stroller arrived as promised. I placed my order around 11:30 p.m. on March 25. All Kids Stuff actually ordered the stroller from InSTEP on March 26. InSTEP shipped it on March 31, 2003. I received the stroller on April 2, 2003.

The only thing that I didn't receive was my free gift from AllKidsStuff.com. When you spend $50 or more, you get to choose a free gift. Most of them are around $4.00. I chose little hooks that hang down from a stroller bar. It's not a big deal that I haven't received them. I assume it's because the stroller shipped directly from InSTEP, but the website did indicate I would receive the free gift and allowed me to choose which free gift I wanted.

BTW, I also e-mailed travelingtikes.com and babyride.com about price-matching Strollers4Less.com's price on the Safari TT and received NO responses to my e-mails.

I would order from AllKidsStuff.com again and think that the price-matching policy is great!

Edited to add: I received my free gift today, April 14, 2003. Why I received it almost 2 weeks after the stroller I do not know. However, I am pleased. I got a stroller I really like at a great price and free shipping, a free gift and personal customer service.

zen_bliss
04-09-2003, 08:50 PM
i haven't ordered from travelingtikes, but i have been to the store in person a few times and talked to Brian (considered a stroller guru around L.A.) extensively. if you are sitting the fence he can talk you through the relative merits of strollers and i didn't find him to be "sales-y" at all. i think the personal service is great if that's part of what you are looking for.

sntm
04-11-2003, 08:41 AM
we got our bugaboo from traveling tikes. no tax or shipping, got there about a week or so later, very simple.

shannon
not-even-pregnant-yet-overachiever
trying-to-conceive :)
PREGNANT! EDD 6/9/03