PDA

View Full Version : Babyandteen.com has really bad customer service.

genevamutt
04-10-2003, 04:25 PM
I ordered a Peg Perego P3 Classico stroller from them on their website because they offered free shipping and their website did not mention they didn't ship to Hawaii. There was no number to call to ask. I placed the order and received a confirmation email which included a long distance number that is not toll free. I called and the guy said they don't ship to Hawaii and my order would not be processed. I would just receive an email rejecting the order. Well, no email was sent and when I checked my credit card statement online, I noticed that they had charged my credit card. I immediately attempted to call them, no answer, and no answering machine. The following week, I called at 5:45 a.m. Hawaii time and was able to reach somebody. He said that my credit card would be credited within 48 hours. It's been over 72 hours and still no credit to my account and no one has been answering the phone for the past two days. I tried emailing but get no response to my emails.

I do not recommend ordering from this website.

Bridget in MD
05-09-2003, 12:48 PM
I too had problems with this website. They are awful. I ordered a bedding set and waited until my baby was practically BORN to finally come to my senses and cancel my order with them. He was pretty unhappy and unfriendly with me when I canceled, especially since he *promised* it was on its way - again. However, my credit card had never been charged so I didn't believe him. I cancelled my order and ordered from another site and had my stuff within the week! Although babyandteen.com's prices are good, and the s&h incentive is appealing, it's not worth the hassle or the stress! I was going to write to the BBB and complain, but once I canceled my order, I dropped the matter...

It stinks, but the only way to get ahold of them is to call. They BARELY answer emails. Very poor CS, especially in this technology age...

Sorry you went thru this...

Bridget in MD =)

genevamutt
05-09-2003, 02:35 PM
It's nice to know I'm not the only one. I still haven't been able to get in touch with them. I've called every day for over a week and a half and there's no answer. I know there's a six hour time difference between Hawaii and New York, so I'm calling at 6:00 am, 7:00 a.m., 10:00 a.m. and no one answers. They still haven't credited my credit card and I had to dispute the charges with my credit card company. I've never had this problem with other online companies.

I agree with you that there prices are good, but the service really is terrible.

Thanks for the support.