PDA

View Full Version : imstillme.bizhosting.com FAB ITEM! strap covers

JennyA
05-27-2003, 05:49 AM
Hi all,In my quest for a stylish diaper bag and a baby backpack carrier I found BB boards! They are so helpful! Here's a tip on the greatest little item....CAR SEAT STRAP COVERS that are so soft and simple and WASHABLE. I'm Still Me (http://imstillme.bizhosting.com)mainly makes diaper bags but they also sell some organic cotton baby items. I got the strap covers to add to ashower gift and now everyone there thinks they need them!!! They are only $7.50 so you can get a couple of pairs for stroller, carseat etc.

Anyway, thanks again to all who have shared their experience here!

:-):-)JennyA
mom to Sheila 02

Momof3Labs
05-27-2003, 10:37 AM
Check with a car seat tech before using car seat strap covers - they may compromise your baby's safety during a crash (despite the claims made by I'm Still Me). The rule of thumb is to not add anything to a car seat that wasn't crash tested by the manufacturer with that car seat (contact the manufacturer if in doubt).

JennyA
05-27-2003, 10:47 AM
These are pretty thin- just two layers of cotton fleece. I asked at the police dept when they checked the seat. Of course everyone there says they won't make any guarantees. ISM suggested I check it out too. In any case , they are great for the stroller where the straps rub S's chubby cheeks. I think I'll call about the carseat. Good idea. Will let you know! Jenny

JennyA
05-28-2003, 07:47 PM
I checked about the strap covers - and as expected the company doesn't "recommend " any changes. I think they ought to provide something with the seat!. In any case, they are super items and I will DEFINITELY use them in the stroller and will think on the carseat program! Thanks, for the reminder. J