PDA

View Full Version : Love hotslings.com!

mamahill
07-01-2003, 12:02 PM
Kristen at hotslings.com is wonderful to work with. I was looking for a simple pouch-style sling and she has a wonderful assortment of fabrics. The quality is great and she was so fast! I submitted my order on a Monday and she said it would ship by that Friday. Then on Wednesday she emailed me to say it was on its way, and I received it two days later. Fantastic! I've received so many compliments on how comfortable Ainsleigh looks sitting there on my hip. And Kristen offers a great price. It was far easier to spend $15 on a sling than to try (and trust) my hand at it! I highly recommend this site!

houseof3boys
07-01-2003, 04:26 PM
Which fabric did you get? I was looking at the stretchy solid red one for me and getting the chinese letters for my husband. I figured for $15 you can't go wrong and he might enjoy wearing it with Ryan too.

mamahill
07-04-2003, 01:07 AM
Ooh - sorry - been away! I got the black floral. I just went back and it's no longer there, but it's pretty similar to the black/pink floral - just white where the pink is. Oh, and pay attention to how she instructs you to wear it - having the seam up your babies back makes a HUGE difference:).

BTW - DH took one look at the sling and said, "Uh, you don't expect me to wear that do you?" I got all huffy and he clarified, "It's nice. For you. For a mom. For a dad... can we go to REI and look at backpack carriers?" Maybe it was the floral, I don't know;). But this sling is fantastic for running errands. The people at my post office love when I come in with her sitting on my hip.

jjj
07-07-2003, 12:47 PM
I am new to slingdom! Her slings look nice, but I'm concerned about measuring to be sure I will have a snug fit! Any pointers? Debating between one of these and an adjustable ring with just a bit of padding.
jjj

emilyf
07-07-2003, 01:06 PM
Sarah, I saw your post and thought, what the heck that might be useful for our trip-for $15 worth a shot! So, I ordered one on Thursday afternoon, and put a note that I would like to have it by the 12th if at all possible, although I understood it was a holiday. Well can I say it arrived today!!! I'm absolutely amazed. I haven't tried it yet, baby's napping but can't wait. I got the red stretchy one.
Emily
mom of Charlie born 11/02

houseof3boys
07-07-2003, 03:51 PM
I think I am going to get the red stretchy one too! Let us know how it fits. I was concerned that it wouldn't be snug enough since it is not adjustable.

emilyf
07-07-2003, 04:32 PM
Ok, I tried it out this afternoon and we took the dog for a walk. I ordered a small, and it fits well, I might have even been able to go for the xs, but this seems fine-I am 5'8" and about 130 lbs. It is pretty comfortable, although I think the pressure on my shoulder would bother me if I wore it for a long time-I am a super weakling, esp. upper body. The fabric is not that stretchy, but has a nice feel and is a cute bright color. It seems nicely made, and is just perfect for my needs-quick in and out errands, walking the dog around the block. Ds seems very happy in it. The funniest part is that when my dh got home and I showed it to him, he said "Now that's smart! I want one of those too." I almost fell over. This is a man who wouldn't touch the bjorn with a ten foot pole, has told me to return the backpack we have because he'll never wear it, and isn't crazy about pushing the stroller. And he wants a sling?!? He requested the chinese letters (I saw you're thinking about that for your dh too) b/c he wants to tell people it's some special ancient Chinese device. I can't wait to see him wearing Charlie around spinning that yarn. Let me know if you have any other ?s.
Emily
mom of Charlie born 11/02

houseof3boys
07-08-2003, 10:21 AM
Emily that is so funny about your husband. I ordered both the stretchy red and the chinese letters for DH about an hour ago and I am already dying to get them. Funny how that happens!

I got the XS for me because she said since the fabric was stretchy I could lose an 1" off the measurement. I hope it fits.

She is super nice!

C99
07-08-2003, 10:54 AM
Sarah,

So you got it, huh? ;-)

I have the same one and had almost exactly the same experience. Kristen was really great, fast and helpful. Oh, and did I mention cheap? I get tons of compliments on the sling everywhere I go.