PDA

View Full Version : Crib from Babyage.com

kamal
09-17-2003, 10:01 AM
I have read a lot of positive feedback from babyage.com customers and nearly everyone refers to stroller purchases. Well, we're expecting our first baby in December and I am seriously considering a Sorelle Rita crib from Babyage.com as I am unable to find a local store to beat their $220 (+4 shipping) price.

So while all the positive threads about Babyage reassures me quite a bit, if anyone has any experience buying a heavy item like a crib online, esp from babyage.com I would greatly appreciate the feedback.

Thanks !
Kamal

chaelami
10-09-2003, 09:34 AM
Hi, we ordered a Simmons crib from BabyAge and it was delivered without any problems. The packaging was great (even a bit overkill), and it got here in about 10 days. My MIL is ordering the Sorelle crib from them.
Good luck

justlearning
10-13-2003, 01:06 AM
Last week I purchased a Marathon carseat from Babyage and was amazed that it was shipped out the same day that I ordered it and arrived here only a few days later! It was my only purchase from them, but I was very happy.

Also, here's a tip in case you haven't already heard this: You can get a 4% rebate back on all purchases from Babyage by going through ebates. (If you don't already have an account, I'd really appreciate your using this link to credit me as your referral: http://www.ebates.com/affiliate_landing.jsp?promotion_code=REF1&eeid=13840&banner=9710&[email protected]&refpageid=1 )

FWIW, I bought my crib online from Simmons Factory Overstocks and was very pleased with how well it was packed and how quickly I received it. Good luck with your decision!

aliceinwonderland
10-13-2003, 08:40 AM
I also want a Simmons crib from the overstock page, It's 199, but with shipping (75, I think), the final price is higher then what babyage has it for...Did you find any ways to circumvent the shipping cost? FYI, the crib I'm looking at the Cherry one, Baby Age calls it the Shelbournne crib. Thanks so much, you have been so helpful!!

justlearning
10-13-2003, 10:59 PM
It's interesting that it appears that you can buy the same crib from both places. When I bought mine from the factory overstocks page, the customer service manager told me that they only sell cribs that you can't get elsewhere. To answer your question about the shipping charge, no, I don't know of any way to get the crib from Simmons directly without paying that fee. When I bought my crib, they had their prices on the cribs lower and their shipping fee was $70 so my crib came to a total price of $230 with the shipping. Right after I bought my crib, though, they started pricing their cribs about $40 higher.

You may have better luck with contacting the Simmons factory and asking about getting the shipping price lowered, though, especially if you tell them that babyage has the same item for less. Good luck! That crib looks beautiful.

kamal
10-23-2003, 01:05 PM
Thanks for the feedback everyone. We ordered the crib (Sorelle Rita) from babyage, got it in about 15days in decent packaging and assembled it without any problems. (My main concern had been around dealing with missing/broken parts if any).

So I would rate our babyage experience with the crib a success.

-Kamal
Due 12/16/03