PDA

View Full Version : Information overload

brinat1995
10-12-2003, 12:59 PM
I'm a new dad to be. We're expecting our first here in about 6 months. Having not grown up with lots of kids and babies and very limited baby exposure in my life, I'm interested in learning more about supporting my wife, growing the family, etc. I'm suffering from information overload out there however with all of the magazines, websites, books, etc. I can say babycenter.com looks to be a tremendous site. Armin Brot's book The Expectant Father has been pretty good. Baby Bargains was great navigating registry and not suffering too long from the glazed look in the eye. =)

Other sites, books, magazines, that people would HIGHLY recommend?

egoldber
10-12-2003, 01:05 PM
What type of info are you looking for? Baby gear recommendations? Baby care and development? Sorry to request yet MORE info....

stillplayswithbarbies
10-12-2003, 01:31 PM
Once I found these boards, I stopped going to the other websites. Everything I needed to know is right here, the knowledge and support of the people here goes way beyond which products to buy.

If you have questions or concerns, just find the board that is the closest to your topic and ask away! You'll get concise information given politely and you'll get different opinions so you can choose which one makes sense to you.

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

Rachels
10-13-2003, 11:34 AM
Welcome! I agree with Karen-- you'll find lots of support and information here on just about everything. Personally, I like the Sears books for suggestions on baby care and supporting your wife. As with any books, they need to be taken with a grain, but they're very child-focused. If you have specific questions, though, email any of us whose parenting styles seem in line with your instincts, and join us in the Lounge! Chances are that if you have a question, somebody here has an answer.

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02