PDA

View Full Version : Shutterfly

infomama
11-18-2003, 11:56 AM
I noticed that alot of people seem to use Shutterfly. Is this mainly for film processing? How have your experiences been with the company? Is it speedy and reasonably priced? Advantages/disadvantages?

Thanks!
Kat

Mama to Skyler 10-8-03

amp
11-18-2003, 12:55 PM
Hi. I use both Shutterfly and Snapfish. The reason for this is that while I like the Shutterfly site better as far as making online albums, ordering pics, changing titles, editing, etc, they do not return you prints if you send film to them. I believe they send you your negatives, but you just buy the pics you want online. I love this for digital camera pics, but not for film (I like to actually have my film pics in hand if I paid for the film and the processing of it.) So we use Snapfish for processing our film. They provide you with envelope mailers for your film and they send your photos back to you after they process it. We usually order a picture cd, and then sometimes we upload these pics to Shutterfly for easier viewing , editing and ordering. For digital camera pics, we go straight to Shutterfly. Also, on Snapfish, you can pick your pictures and upload them one at a time, which is a pain! On Shutterfly, you can download their free software to upload a batch of pics at a time. Much easier. Both sites are reasonably speedy and the quality of pics is good. There are also other sites out there that I haven't used personally that I know others have been happy with such as dotphoto.com, photo.com, etc.
HTH!