PDA

View Full Version : Looking for input on baby page design!

Lyndon
02-07-2004, 08:15 PM
Hello, I have created a web page for a baby store, it was actually mentioned in the Baby Bargains Book, please tell me what you like or hate about it, and what should be changed. We have not added pictures yet, just links to the manufacturers. But I want to know what you think of the general navigation, and look and feel, I tried to make it fun, but not to much fun. Thank you guys and girls!

http://www.e-childrenonline.com

Thanks again, Lyndon Golanowski

NEVE and TRISTAN
02-08-2004, 01:14 PM
I think the web site is pretty!!!
I like the stars how they fall down!!!
Neve
http://home.nc.rr.com/ourbabytristan
AKA "mama2be"-forgot password
and Baby Boy Tristan born @UNC
Feb 25, 2003
Brother to 3 pups "gees" and 2 kitties

JennyA
02-08-2004, 03:00 PM
Looks very classy - not lots of cutsey baby clipart! Good luck with it. jenny

amp
02-09-2004, 12:52 PM
I really like the look, and mostly I like the navigation. One thing that bothered me, and maybe I'm the only moron who will do it, but on the home page, where you list some of the manufacturers (on the right), it looks like they should be links (they highlight when the cursor passes over them), but they didn't take me anywhere. I had to actually go to furniture or gear or whatever along the top to get to the manufacturers. Some people won't know what they are looking for and will want to go right to furniture, but if I know for example that I want to look at Britax, I would like to have gone right to it from the manufacturers listed on the first page, without having to find the baby gear first.

papal
02-12-2004, 12:19 PM
Overall it looks really nice.. here are some comments (since you asked!).
Note: I am using Internet Explorer on a Macintosh

1. The home page, the blue on blue looks nice but it is a little difficult to read because of the likeness of colors
2. Like Andrea said, the links to the furniture manufacturers don't 'click' or go anywhere.
3. When you go to a section (eg. Baby Gear) and you put your mose over the name of the manufacturer, sometimes it turns lime green and sometimes blue.

Other than that it is a great site.. and nice to have links to everything in one location.

lmariana
02-15-2004, 06:52 PM
Hello! I love the color scheme on the site, but here are a couple of nit-picky things:

1. Although the animation, "e-children, furniture for all ages" is very cute, it's kinda annoying to have to wait for it to finsh
2. The links on the home page do not work for the lines you carry (i.e. Zooper, Britax, etc.)
3. Under the catagory tabs, the roll-overs (i.e. "strollers", "car seats", "cribs", "dressers", etc.) that appear to the left of the brands alternate between green and blue colors. I think sticking to the green color would be a little cleaner.
4. When selecting a tabs, such as "Baby Gear", maybe the selected tab should remain highlighted with the green rollover color?
5. When you click on a tab and open that section, the animated titles are a little much.

Other than that, the site really looks wonderful!! It's nice to see a good website amongst all the other unattractive ones out there, especially for baby products! Good job!

Mariana
Mother of Gabriel, 08/14/2003

PS- my hubby is a web designer, so I'm always a little critcal of sites...

hellokitty1
02-16-2004, 11:39 PM
The initial site looks nice but here are my opinions and comments about other posters comments.

1) The site looks like the company sells baby related items but why do you take the user to the manufacturer's website? For example, on the Baby Gear page, when I click on BRITAX, I expected to go to the company's inventory of that brand, not the actual BRITAX site.

2) "It's" is used incorrectly on the the various landing pages. It should be "its"

3) I believe your links on the hompage in the "Our Lines"are broken. If they're not menat to be links, they shouldn't change color

4) Not too keen on the alternating blue and green pop-up text, expecially since they aren't links.

5) Contact page: If the email is address is for all three locations, it should be listed so that it looks like it's for the entire company. It's currently listed under only the first site so it makes me wonder how to email the other locations?
6) Dont' really get the red star that takes you to the home page.

7) As a rule of thumb, the link to the current page the user is on should either not be an activ elink or should be differentiated form the other links.

I hope this is what you were looking for. I do some usability stuff so I give out my "opinions" all the time :)