PDA

View Full Version : Pregnancy Announcements

brooksie2323
02-15-2004, 09:47 PM
We are not going to have a shower because we have recently moved away from family and close friends. But I am interested in sending some type of announcement saying something along the lines of EDD, sex, and where we are registered. Any ideas???

Thanks,

JElaineB
02-15-2004, 10:25 PM
I live far away from my relatives and did not have a baby shower. I did register at Toys R Us/Babies R Us but the only one who bought anything off my registry (besides me) was my mother. Most people just sent clothes or other items that are needed in abundance. However, I did not send any kind of announcement like you are suggesting. I think Miss Manners would frown upon sending any type of announcement that includes where you are registered. Can't you just have your close relatives (parents, siblings?) spread the word if asked? That would seem more appropriate to me.

Jennifer
mom to Jacob 9/27/02

Momof3Labs
02-15-2004, 10:26 PM
Honestly? It sounds like you are asking for shower gifts, without having a shower. Why can't you travel back to your family and friends and have a shower there? That would be less tacky and more socially acceptable, IMO.

Sorry if this offends you, it would just be my reaction if I received something like this in the mail!

papal
02-16-2004, 01:11 AM
I agree with Lori. Can you wait till baby gets here and then just send everyone birth annoucements. That would be the most appropriate thing to do imo. That way, those people who really want to send you a gift will do it then.

brooksie2323
02-16-2004, 01:50 PM
I did not realize this would be such an incorrect thing to do. I definately do not want to be rude, so I will use word of mouth and birth announcements when our little boy arrives.

Thanks for all the suggeestions!

Xariklia
03-03-2004, 01:17 AM
bluedaisygreetings.com is a great site for announcements and very affordable, and professional.