PDA

View Full Version : Bad experience with Babycatalog.com!

LittleStar03
03-10-2004, 08:12 AM
I've been in the market for a new car seat, and I really wanted the Marathon in Arctic Cat. After hearing so many great things about babycatalog.com from the boards here, I ordered the seat from them on Friday, February 27th. We recieved a confirmation of the order and assumed that everything was OK and that the seat was on its way.

On Tuesday, March 2nd, we recieved an email from them saying that they were charging us an additional $50 for shipping, and that they needed us to authorize the charges, and that they might have to adjust it again, depending on the actual cost of shipping, and that they'd go ahead and bill our credit card the actual cost. There was no explanation as to why our shipping costs went up so much, so we emailed them back asking for an explanation and heard nothing. Several days went by, and no response. On Friday, March 5th, we sent another email asking for an explanation.

Yesterday, March 9th, we finally got an email back from them. They informed us that it was our fault, that we had selected the wrong shipping method when we ordered the seat, which is not true. Then they told us that the Marathon in Stormy is currently sold out, the only available pattern is Foofy, so we'll have to wait 2-3 weeks for our order. We didn't even order the seat in Stormy, we ordered Arctic Cat, and it was in stock when we placed our order almost two weeks ago! The worst part of the whole thing -- at the bottom of the email that they sent to us was a copy of our order confirmation from the website, and it clearly said that we'd ordered the Arctic Cat pattern and that we'd chosen the correct shipping option in the first place!

I'm so incredibly frustrated right now! I can't believe this, especially considering that I've seen so many glowing recommendations for Babycatalog! Needless to say, we cancelled our order and I'm searching online for someone who has the seat in stock! Grrr!

MamaParis
03-10-2004, 01:09 PM
That's a shame!

When I ordered from them, they had a free shipping deal on my item, but they were very quick to respond to my emails etc ... I'm a bit surprised you had such a bad experience - but I'm sure it happens!

My only complaint with them was that they used FedEx to ship my package - and I HATE FedEx!! They're always late delivering and their "order tracking" always tells me that stuff is delivered when it isn't!!

here are some links to Marathons in Artic Cat - all with free shipping!

http://shop.store.yahoo.com/albee-baby/brmacocarsei.html

http://www.babyage.com/product_details.asp?productId=13

Good Luck!

mik8
03-10-2004, 05:43 PM
Since you mentioned it, I thought we're the only ones who had "fluke" problems with FedEx. One time, my DH had live blood cells on dry ice from a pool of leukemia patients sent overnight express to him (he's a scientist)and didn't make it until 3 days later. Some couldn't be saved anymore as they thawed. He was mad and sad because these were precious samples meant to save lives. Poor DH was up all night waiting for these and was even willing to go pick it up at the airport tarmac.

momof3girls
03-15-2004, 03:15 PM
I created this link for the BBB car seat board, but I thought maybe you could use it. Pass it on if you choose. 10 percent off MA and RA, & free shipping. Total Cost 224.99 for mA & 179.99 for RA. Let me know if this helps. Just click on BRITAX . Remember to enter code GENIE10P at checkout to receive the bargain.
Kelly

http://flyservers.registerfly.com/members5/mybrandnamediscounts.com//copyof_flyserversregisterflycom_members4_mybrandna mediscounts.com__babies.html

LittleStar03
03-16-2004, 03:24 PM
Awesome! Thanks for the link! We ended up ordering from BRU, but I'll pass this on to my playgroup in case anyone there could use it!