PDA

View Full Version : Beware of E-bay seller of Baby Einstein DVD set

Lucia
03-30-2004, 10:59 PM
DH recently purchased a set of Baby Einstein DVDs. He was very excited and proud of his purchase. However, when he told me about it I asked if they were the Chinese version (I think I remember reading a post about this a few months ago)...he did not know. Well, the set arrived last night and it was quite a disappointment. They are clearly copied...poor quality video, put into a taped together box with color copies of the cover of original DVDs. Beware and don't make the mistake my DH made. He e-mailed the seller last night to get a refund, but I don't have much hope. Don't buy from a seller called "Good Reputation" (ironic name!).

Lucia
mom to Noah 2/2003

Momof3Labs
03-30-2004, 11:57 PM
That's copyright violation - you can report someone for that! Not sure who to report it to, but if he sent them through the post office, that's a double offense (mail fraud).

Lucia
03-31-2004, 08:28 AM
That's a good point. I wonder who and how we would make a report. Hopefully, others will see this post before buying from this seller.

Lucia
mom to Noah 2/2003

sarakelley8
03-31-2004, 04:42 PM
I would report them directly to eBay.

Sara and Jace 10/20/03
www.geocities.com/sarakelley8/baby.html

kijip
03-31-2004, 07:59 PM
Call the Baby Eintein company and ask to speck to someone in marketing. They will be glad to sue this seller and put him/her out of business! As for mail fraud investigation contact the Postmaster.

lmariana
04-02-2004, 09:01 AM
Ebay has a section to report copied movies or software. I know this all too well because my hubby bought some software from Ebay for $100 which would have cost him $150 new. When he received it, all we got were 3 CD-R's! We actually did get a refund and reported him to Ebay.

Mariana
Mother of Gabriel, 08/14/2003

dotgirl
04-02-2004, 02:31 PM
If he paid through PayPal or used his CC to pay, he can dispute the charges. I had a seller not send my item, and was able to get a refund.

However, PayPal has a 30 day limit, so he has to file a complaint within 30 days of when he sent money.

lynettefrancois
04-11-2004, 10:14 PM
Definitely report this to Ebay asap! Other shoppers are counting on you!

dipstixclix
05-28-2004, 02:58 AM
Since Baby Einstein was bought by Disney, I'm sure they'll take things like that very seriously. That's serious copyright infringement and eBay should be alerted.

I don't have much faith in eBay, though - they tend to give multiple "warnings" to sellers before "suspending" them... it's worth a try, though! Hopefully other buyers will report this seller too! I'm so sorry you're going through this!

I don't know if you're still interested, but I recently saw the 12 DVD Baby Einstein set at Costco and Sam's Club. I think it was about $120 for the set (making it $10 per DVD) so it's not too bad... (I'm not absolutely sure about the price so someone correct me if I'm mistaken) Anyway, it seems like a "staple" item - if they run out they'll probably get more. You also might want to check them out online.

One of the guys at Costco told me that a lady came in and bought them out and she was planning to sell them one by one on eBay for $15 each!

Good luck!

vpalmer
06-03-2004, 03:34 PM
You can get the Baby Einstein DVD's at Amazon.com for $15 each and no shipping with a $45 order, so I am not sure who would pay that for them on E-bay, but I guess someone probably would!

Veronica
Mom to Eva
Born on 6-12-03