PDA

View Full Version : baby registry feedback

jillwheiner
04-22-2004, 07:39 PM
We own a baby store and are in the process of looking for baby registry software. I would love any feedback from youall on what features you liked and disliked about the site/ store you registrered at. What features would make our store a standout?
Thanks, Jill

mlavigne
04-23-2004, 03:17 PM
Hi Jill!

I just registered at Target and BUR, and I liked Target's better. I started the process on line, and when I went into the store, I enter a password at the Kiosk, and a cover sheet with a couple bar codes prints out. One barcode is used to let the handhald scanner know which registry is going to be scanned. The other barcode is what I really like about their system. If I decide to delete something, I scan that barcode and then use the scanner on the item to delete the item from my registry. At BUR, you can only delete the last scanned item. This was kind of a pain, especially if you turned the corner and found, say a diaper bag, that you liked better than the one you scanned two or three items ago. If this happened at Target, I could just scan the "delete" barcode on my master sheet and then zap the item with the scanner, even if it was the first thing of 15 that I scanned. For both stores, I started the process on-line and found the customer reviews very helpful. Just my two cents!

tinkerbell1217
04-24-2004, 11:02 AM
I have also gone online to do registry and find it much easier and a much better experience than going to the store. I did my entire registry for BRU online. I haven't gone to the store to check it out or print it out yet. Target is another one I tried online. But, when I went to the store and printed it out it had alot of mistakes. I don't know why and I didn't stick around to ask.

I like Babystyle's registry system, although alot always seems to be out of stock. And, I tried Baby Depot (Burlington Coat Factory) and theirs seems nice too, but I haven't gone to the store to see it yet.

Babycenter is a great one, LOTS of inventory and LOTS to choose from. A great variety and very easy to use and update.

I guess I went a little overboard trying out registries, huh!!! I was trying them out before I even got PG!

I wish USA Baby had an online registry. You have to go to the store to set it up, but then you can buy online, I guess. I hate someone following me around helping me through a store. I like to take my time!

Hope that helps!

Kelly

Rikkele
04-27-2004, 11:02 PM
Being able to access and update one's registry online is an absolute must for any registry. It is also nice to be able to search for a reistered mom using more than one name. For example, at work I use my maiden name but otherwise use my husband's name. My registry was initially in my married name at BRU but since the girls at work are throwing me a shower they sent out the invitations using my maiden name. Then no one could find the registry online. So I changed the registry to my maiden name. Now we are getting complaints from my husband's family that they can't find the registry online. BRU has informed me that only one name can be used to search for the registry online. Overall it has been a real pain! I sure other moms that continue to use their maiden names have encountered this problem. Just my 2 cents! :-)

kelly ann
04-28-2004, 12:55 AM
Rikkele-

Congrats on your pregnancy. I had the same problem with my registry. I used my maiden name since I never change my last name until 1 month before my DS was born...I was born to procrastinate! Somehow people figured it out, but it was a pain.

By the way, I think we were friends in a former life...like 15 years ago. I am sending you a private email...let me know if you do not receive it. What a small world this is we live in.

I have been on this board for about 2 years now but only posting in the last few months. It is a wonderful place for support and for finding items to spend your $ on :)