PDA

View Full Version : babyage.com complaint - non-existent customer service

Momof3Labs
05-22-2004, 08:54 AM
I ordered a Kinderzeat and cushion from them last week. I got a shipping notice that both had shipped, but only received the seat. I have now sent FOUR e-mails to customer service and they only replied once - to suggest that I check the box for the cushion. DUH! I put the Kinderzeat together and there are only a few flaps of cardboard remaining - I'm not sure where a cushion would be.

I am going to call them on Monday, and if it isn't resolved to my satisfaction, I'm going to have to call my credit card company and the BBB. This is absolutely ridiculous.

westchicagomom
05-22-2004, 03:38 PM
Interesting that the other thread is giving kudos. They don't mention why, but it sounds like just fast shipping. It's when you have a problem and have to deal w/ a company that you really see what their CS is like. I ordered something from them, but never had to deal w/ the CS people.

Maybe it's a special Harry Potter invisible cushion!!!

HallsofVA
05-22-2004, 11:56 PM
You're right. I chimed in on a post about babyage cause they had the best price on a britax wizard and got it to me quickly w/no problems. But, I didn't have to deal with CS.

rrosen
05-23-2004, 12:06 PM
Lori-
I have to say I am very suprised to hear this. I have had nothing but excellent customer service from them. Do call on Monday, I bet when you are talking to a live person you will have better luck.

Let us know

Momof3Labs
05-23-2004, 03:51 PM
Rebecca, thanks for letting me know that - now I'm more hopeful that tomorrow's phone call will be productive!!

McQ
05-24-2004, 09:32 AM
Just a little gripe on my part but I was disappointed that BabyAge raised the price of the Kinderzeat by $20 right after the 10% off coupon came out. And the cushion by $3. Negates the whole discount. I'm more mad at myself for not hopping on it when the sale was first posted. Argh!

Good luck to you with getting your cushion.

Allison
~ mommy to Declan 3.24.03
and number 2 EDD 9.14.04

smomom
05-24-2004, 12:58 PM
I am also fed up with Babyage. I ordered and returned a canvas Skip Hop. Four emails and two phone messages later, I finally got confirmation on Friday, May 21 that the item I mailed back on April 29th was actually received and my credit was coming. I just checked my account and I still haven't gotten the refund. (funny, I mailed a package to Land's End on the same day and got my credit back 5 days later. Now that's customer service.)

Good luck getting a person on the phone. I probably called 10 times and never got through to anyone. Looks like I may be making some more calls too.

Momof3Labs
05-24-2004, 04:29 PM
I got through to someone this morning (I was only on hold a few minutes). She looked up my order and said that the Kinderzeat cushion is backordered and that they sent me an e-mail about it on May 12. Yes, they did - but the e-mail said that the Kinderzeat was backordered, not the cushion! And the shipping notice didn't say that the cushion was backordered, either.

So I'm annoyed because there was a perfectly reasonable excuse why I didn't have my cushion yet, but they had a VERY hard time communicating that to me (I e-mailed them four times, they only replied once).

Oh, well, I should have it early next week.

shishamo
06-03-2004, 01:58 PM
Just wanted to say you are not alone. The CS there really sucks.

kara
07-01-2004, 01:27 PM
Unfortunately I have to agree, too. I ordered a couple of items and while they were shipped immediately, I had another question about an item that was out of stock. So I called the 1-800 number several times during normal business hours and each time their phone hung up on me after I had been on hold for 3 to 5 minutes. I wrote them email and told them I was very disappointed in their call center and asked them the question, and they responded by email almost immediately. I guess phone communication just isn't their strongpoint.